Don't do it.

Went from a 9780 to the 9900 and then back again. I gave it so many chances with different OSs but at the end of the day, couldn't handle 8 hour or less battery life. I hate having to charge my phone all the time just in case I'm not near a charger when out!
    03-20-12 10:12 AM
    i came from the 9780 to the 9900 and i must say it is worth it to switch. only thing i regret is selling my 9780, now i have to find another 9780 so it can be my backup bb. i do miss the great battery life on my 9780 compared to my 9900
    03-20-12 10:13 AM
    I traded up from my 9780 to a 9900. Anarchy Mobile took my 9780 as a trade in and gave me a new 9900 already unlocked and I only had to add $300, a deal I couldn't refuse.

No regrets, I like my 9900 besides the batter and the latest apps not being available. I also haven't gotten the new os update yet
    03-20-12 02:32 PM
    Any question that ends with "Should I get a 9900?" the answer is automatically "YES"
    Get the Blackberry Bold 9900 - you will love it.
    How can you resist with testimonials like this? The BB Bold 9900 is so good that if BB10 is introduced after 18 months you'll still have a great phone for a year and a half.
    03-20-12 03:04 PM
    It's kind of alarming that we haven't even seen ONE leaked picture of any full qwerty keyboard BlackBerry yet (though that would make the wait for a BB10 traditional style BlackBerry even harder). I remember when I first saw pictures of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 back in April of last year, I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on one. I imagined being able to touch icons and scroll in the web browser. And 4 months later, I picked one up on launch day and have loved it ever since. It is truly the best BlackBerry, and I was pretty content with my 9780 at the time.

But the fact that we have not seen any hints of what a full qwerty BB10 phone might look like, makes me think that we might have to wait longer, past "the Fall." Another reason for this is that it's so clear that most smartphone users simply do not care about a full qwerty keyboard, and care mainly about apps and having a big screen to watch stuff on.

If I were selfish, I'd hope that RIM would say "screw those people" and launch a BB10 full qwerty phone first, because that's what I like. But I know that RIM so desperately needs those users who only want a screen, so that's why I'm not expecting any BB10 full qwerty BlackBerry until maybe a year from now. I might pick up the full touchscreen BB10 when it launches, but I know that NOTHING gets me more excited than a new BlackBerry with a full keyboard!
    Very good point. I think the main thing here is a full qwerty keyboard is a must.... In my opinion judging from the people around me, those who have the 9900 or blackberry in general are those who prefer or need the full keyboard, that might be the only reason we probably don't own iPhones carrier-issues aside.
    03-20-12 03:18 PM
    For all of those saying don't go bold 9900 or 9930 wait for the bb10. Be real. The bb10 is a ways off. If you can upgrade or purchase a 9900 do so. You will enjoy. Faster...easier and in my opinion best phone I have ever had. My 2 cents.
    03-20-12 07:37 PM
    The battery life for the 9900 is going to be worse as its a smaller battery and faster phone but this should only be an issue for those that have absolutely no access to mains or USB power during the day. I do wonder if people just expect too much and like to see their phones on full power all the time, like we used to do with old Nokia dumb phones. I have an e72 and that stays fully charged for what seems like days on end.

I have a car dock, so mine comes off the desktop charger at 6am, into the car dock at about 630 and the off at 8 ish while I'm working. If I'm using it very heavy then by 5 or 6 it's running very low but it goes back on the car dock so it's fully charged for when I get home.

So, go with the 9900 it's a cracking phone.

Steve

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sryqts
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (how ironic is that eh)
    Red_Virus likes this.
    03-21-12 04:11 AM
    no reason get the 9900 very bad battery..keep ur 9780 and wait for bb10..
    First off get the 9900, it's the best one yet.

Second if you do the latest update, battery life is back to where I would expect. Not as good as my old 9700, but that's comparing apples to oranges.

You won't regret it!!
    03-21-12 06:08 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD