i buy bb bold 4 three days ago , and i have some questions??

1st.. people say to me that the back of this phone can be charged with a light of the sun ,is it true ???

2nd.. is it correct if i write the security password wrong for 10 times , the phone will format it self ???

3rd question why when i transfer my connection between bis and wifi some applications wont work unless i reboot the phone , like whatsup i cant recieve any msg unless a reboot

4th question i used to open wifi at a distance of 15 meters in my room at home on my bold 2 ,now with bold 4 the connection is lost unless am on 10 meters maximum??

5th quetion my battery stays to 15 hours maximum, i use it for massages only and rarely internet, and its new and i charged it for 10 hours 1st time use.

thanks before
    01-12-12 04:30 PM
    Light charging is a big lie...
    01-12-12 04:35 PM
    1) That's a lie
    2.) Yes, but I think you can turn that option off
    3.) Not sure
    4.) Um I'm not to sure on this, my bold gets connection fine
    5.) There is a battery problem, I suggest you look into other threads about this

01-12-12 04:45 PM
    I would use the phone for a bit before jumping into conclusions about the batery. Mine sucked for the first couple of days discharing at like 8% per hour. Now it got better at 2-4 % per hour depending on usage.
    01-12-12 05:08 PM
    i buy bb bold 4 three days ago , and i have some questions??

1st.. people say to me that the back of this phone can be charged with a light of the sun ,is it true ???

2nd.. is it correct if i write the security password wrong for 10 times , the phone will format it self ???

3rd question why when i transfer my connection between bis and wifi some applications wont work unless i reboot the phone , like whatsup i cant recieve any msg unless a reboot

4th question i used to open wifi at a distance of 15 meters in my room at home on my bold 2 ,now with bold 4 the connection is lost unless am on 10 meters maximum??

5th quetion my battery stays to 15 hours maximum, i use it for massages only and rarely internet, and its new and i charged it for 10 hours 1st time use.

thanks before
    1) Seriously? No
    2) It will wipe itself
    3) Shouldn't happen
    4) Isn't a question
    5) Isn't a question either

Most, if not all of your issues, can be cured by updating your OS.
    01-12-12 05:17 PM
    #1, No you can't charge the phone with the back of the phone, it doesn't have solar panels lol.
    it has NFC(near field communication).
    here you can get some idea how NFC works like.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9380-a-676246/

#2, Yes, security-wipe will wipe your whole device if you failed to attempt 10 password tries.
    but you can setup your attempts, lock after a ... time etc etc.

#3, WIFI will have the first priority over BIS, so BIS wil take it over,
    when you have WIFI OFF, and when out of range of wifi-hotspot.
    so i don't see why you would need to reboot your phone in order,
    to let your whatsapp work, so there must be something wrong..
    so the problem is there with different/numerous apps you've got?

#4, i have experienced this too, seems the 9900 needs to work harder to pick up a wifi-hotspot.
    when looking for a wifi-hotspot the signal is less weak on my 9700 & 9780.
    some people's have experienced it too, there are some threads about it.
    but i don't know why exactly.

#5, I can pretty get a full day on idle, but when i use it moderate/heavy the
    battery will drain by a huge time.
    i'm not sure why & how, some people are saying they have amazing battery-life.
    & some have bad battery-life, but it also differs per each person.
    since each person is different & have different usages.
    there is also many battery-life threads on the forums.
    some says it's a bad battery, some says it's a users-error, some says it's software-related,
    some says it's hardware-related every people has their '' findings ''
    most likey everything has been discussed regarding the bad battery-life.

on which OS are you running btw?
    cant i put a password and disable this anoying wipe ?? coz my frnds are doing it on purpose :S
    am running on 7.0 bundle 1346 (v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0464) , is it the latest version???
    1 more question , my bb build in memory storage is ?? how much

1) Seriously? No
    2) It will wipe itself
    3) Shouldn't happen
    4) Isn't a question
    5) Isn't a question either

Most, if not all of your issues, can be cured by updating your OS.
    and these arenot answers

I would use the phone for a bit before jumping into conclusions about the batery. Mine sucked for the first couple of days discharing at like 8% per hour. Now it got better at 2-4 % per hour depending on usage.

its fine still better than my bold 2 , and the time of charging is less up to 1 hour and a half it gives me full charge
    01-12-12 05:41 PM
    cant i put a password and disable this anoying wipe ?? coz my frnds are doing it on purpose :S
    am running on 7.0 bundle 1346 (v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0464) , is it the latest version???
    1 more question , my bb build in memory storage is ?? how much
    If you're using a password to lock your phone, you cannot disable the wipe feature. It's a safety feature, so keep your friends away!

OS .261 is ancient. The latest version is in the sticky at the top of the page.

You have 8GB (6.2GB usable) built-in media storage

and these arenot answers
    whatever...
    dare4more likes this.
    01-12-12 05:54 PM
    your version is very old and it's your stock OS .261.
    the latest version, official is 7.0.0.598, and the latest leak is 7.1.0.190 which has WIFI hotspot
    OS .261 is ancient. The latest version is in the sticky at the top of the page.

how to update to the latest version ??
    01-12-12 06:12 PM
    how to update to the latest version ??
    Use the search feature on this site...there's are tonnes of threads on different OS versions and how to upgrade. For the 9900, there's about 5 or 6 different OS you can upgrade to (not counting custom hybrid OS's)...there should be a thread for each OS version. You'll need to decide which version you think is right and then upgrade.

BTW, whats a Bold 4?
    01-12-12 06:20 PM
    yes its 9900/9930 , the latest blackberry smart phone
    01-13-12 05:57 PM
    Use the search feature on this site...there's are tonnes of threads on different OS versions and how to upgrade. For the 9900, there's about 5 or 6 different OS you can upgrade to (not counting custom hybrid OS's)...there should be a thread for each OS version. You'll need to decide which version you think is right and then upgrade.

BTW, whats a Bold 4?
    .. am mixed up now :S , cant understand what do u mean by see whats suitable for my phone !!!!
    i have blackberry bold 9900/9930, with the os version (7.0 bundle 1346 (v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0464)

should i update it ?? whats the name f the latest os version which is perfect for my phone??
    01-13-12 06:02 PM
    well it's up to you whetever you want to update or not.
    but since you are on .261 i would give it a shot and update it.
    but take note* if the OS is working out for you why upgrade?
    but it's all up to you what you actually want to do.

latest official is 7.0.0.598 that doesn't have WIFI-hotspot & some other features, if i am right.
    latest leak is 7.1.0.190 which has WIFI-hotspot.
    i guess currently most of the people are on the OS 7.1.0.190.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-685578/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-598-a-688291/
    ur the man .. thank u so much ill see what to do , if i face some difficulties ill contact u
    01-13-12 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD