Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skyrocket9
  1. bbjoe97's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default I give up arghhhhhhh

    Right, so am i just one of the unlucky ones that bought one of the dodgy bolds?
    I know its a good phone because everyone else has a good experience with it, but mine just seems to be rubbish! Im forever replacing parts!
    Yesterday, two black lines appeared on my screen, reboots dont fix it, neither do os re-loads.
    Today my microphone has decided to back up.
    And they just join the list of my other problems, i have to charge batteries in a external charger because my phone wont accept any chargers, just gives black plug.
    I have had to buy lots of different charges to try, even the playbook one, and that wasn't cheap.
    I paid alot for this phone, and have had to spend lots more on over the last month, im on my second lcd, but hey the lines have come back AGAIN.
    I dont have warrenty or insurance.
    Bye Bold, I have to go to my curve 8520, sadly
    8520→8900→9360→9900→Q5!
  2. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,485 Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    I'm starting to think that its not the phone but the user. I looked at some (all) of your post & most are Battery related issues. when the phone had issues in the begging you could have replaced it for another on that works.
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  3. tfp
    tfp is offline
    tfp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,669 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,723 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Sorry to say, but yes, it seems as if you bought a dodgy Bold. However, you are not one of the unlucky ones, as several others have reported issues with their Bolds as well. I know that mine has been near flawless since I purchased it in November 2011. It has even gone for a swim while camping lol luckily though I did have it in an Otterbox Defender case when it decided to take the plunge lol

    Please don't judge all Bolds by your experience just as I don't judge based no my experiences. I know that there are "issue" Bolds out there and am thankful that mine isn't one of them (knock on wood). My sister was issued a Bold 9900 through work a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it. She hasn't had any issues with hers yet and finds it to be a great improvement over her old Torch 9800.

    Thats not to say that I haven't run across "issue" Bolds though. One of the waitresses at a bar I frequent had several issues with hers, though I think they have been caused by several drops from 5+ feet as well as condensation from her chosen "holster" while at work lol
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
  4. lkveggie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    How long have you had this phone? Sometimes even if you're not under warranty if the phone isn't too old (definitely under a year) your carrier might replace it. I had problems with my 9930 and called VZW and they replaced it for me. Otherwise try contacting RIM and see if they can do anything. I've had them send me free phones as well.
    Be Bold.
    Storm 9530-> Storm2 9550-> Bold 9650-> Bold 9930-> HTC DNA-> Z10-> Z30 ->White Q10
  5. bbjoe97's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default I give up arghhhhhhh

    Hello Everyone,
    I know that most bolds are amazing, mine used to be till last month, all the problems came at once.
    The reason i dont have a warrenty id because i bought it second hand.
    How would i go about getting in contact with RIM, i have tried, but they said you need to have a ticket or something to get through to thw support team
    Thanks for your reply's, ill try some more os releases, im on o2 uk but maybe it could be like the at&t mic issue? maybe.
    Thanks

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    8520→8900→9360→9900→Q5!
  6. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,485 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe97 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I know that most bolds are amazing, mine used to be till last month, all the problems came at once.
    The reason i dont have a warrenty id because i bought it second hand.
    How would i go about getting in contact with RIM, i have tried, but they said you need to have a ticket or something to get through to thw support team
    Thanks for your reply's, ill try some more os releases, im on o2 uk but maybe it could be like the at&t mic issue? maybe.
    Thanks

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    OS update Have not & will not help your issues....
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  7. bbjoe97's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default I give up arghhhhhhh

    okay, well i'll use my curve for abit and search around, maybe buy another mic and screen, I'll see.
    anyways, thanks for your replys. I can always rely on this forum to get me a reply!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    8520→8900→9360→9900→Q5!
  8. lkveggie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe97 View Post
    How would i go about getting in contact with RIM, i have tried, but they said you need to have a ticket or something to get through to thw support team
    Have you tried emailing them? Otherwise if you call O2 and explain your problem and ask them to connect you to the BlackBerry support team they might be able to do that.
    Be Bold.
    Storm 9530-> Storm2 9550-> Bold 9650-> Bold 9930-> HTC DNA-> Z10-> Z30 ->White Q10
  9. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,485 Posts
    #9  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe97 View Post
    okay, well i'll use my curve for abit and search around, maybe buy another mic and screen, I'll see.
    anyways, thanks for your replys. I can always rely on this forum to get me a reply!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Here a thought, Get A New Phone & sale the old one.
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  10. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default I give up arghhhhhhh

    No don't sell the old one ffs.. then someone else will hate blackberry because they bought a dodgy bold.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ben1232 likes this.
  11. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe97 View Post
    Right, so am i just one of the unlucky ones that bought one of the dodgy bolds?
    I know its a good phone because everyone else has a good experience with it, but mine just seems to be rubbish! Im forever replacing parts!
    Yesterday, two black lines appeared on my screen, reboots dont fix it, neither do os re-loads
    Yesterday a friend in Canada called RIM about her new PB KB and whilst on the phone mentioned that her 9900 had two black lines on the screen. Her Bold is just out of warranty but they still offered to fix it for free or to have $200 off BB10...she took the $200 discount.

    Call RIM.

    EDIT: RIM United Kingdom: 01695262583 08000962805
  12. eddy_berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,392 Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    Thats not to say that I haven't run across "issue" Bolds though. One of the waitresses at a bar I frequent had several issues with hers, though I think they have been caused by several drops from 5+ feet as well as condensation from her chosen "holster" while at work lol
    LOL. This has got to be the same "holster" my sister put her bold in during a concert once. Her bra. hahaha sweat damage galore. eww.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

    Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
  13. Candaar's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    PIN
    293F9DEF
    #13  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe97 View Post
    Right, so am i just one of the unlucky ones that bought one of the dodgy bolds?
    I know its a good phone because everyone else has a good experience with it, but mine just seems to be rubbish! Im forever replacing parts!
    Yesterday, two black lines appeared on my screen, reboots dont fix it, neither do os re-loads.
    Today my microphone has decided to back up.
    And they just join the list of my other problems, i have to charge batteries in a external charger because my phone wont accept any chargers, just gives black plug.
    I have had to buy lots of different charges to try, even the playbook one, and that wasn't cheap.
    I paid alot for this phone, and have had to spend lots more on over the last month, im on my second lcd, but hey the lines have come back AGAIN.
    I dont have warrenty or insurance.
    Bye Bold, I have to go to my curve 8520, sadly
    I am really disappointed with 9900. Many of my friends use that model and they are all good but I also got many friends who recieved a faulty device. It also includes me - I'm now waiting for my third 9900 to leave T-Mobile service. I really like the fact they actually replaced two of my dodgy bolds but let's be serious, three dodgy bolds in a row? And no it's not the users fault like someone said, I can assure you that. I'm really thinking about getting an iPhone back.
  14. stlscott18's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    All reasons to go to the Iphone. If you have a problem with your Iphone, take it to Apple. Here is a typical Apple response: "wow, it shouldn't be doing that...I'll be right back." They go to the back room and come out with a new (usually refurbished) phone. "Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully you will have better luck with this phone." Done.

    And, your Iphone never has weird problems like BB phones. Why? I don't know, they just work.
  15. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Re: I give up arghhhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by stlscott18 View Post
    All reasons to go to the Iphone. If you have a problem with your Iphone, take it to Apple. Here is a typical Apple response: "wow, it shouldn't be doing that...I'll be right back." They go to the back room and come out with a new (usually refurbished) phone. "Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully you will have better luck with this phone." Done.

    And, your Iphone never has weird problems like BB phones. Why? I don't know, they just work.
    That's 40 percent of the time, usually they make you wait as they book an appointment with a so called "genius" who thoroughkt checks and hopes for water damage, then they check the diagnostics reports and give you dirty looks as you explain that your device is totally broken and you tried everything. Then they recommend 50 os reloads suggesting that you come back several days later which gives them enough time to dodge you when you come back. Only if you persist do they go in the back and pick up someone else's busted device with a new screen cover and wiped os. Foolishly most people think its a new device when it's really not. Can't blame them though most people go In there for random issues wanting new devices. But it's not like you say, don't make it sound so pleasant and easy.
    My friend is a "genius" in the square one mall I hear stories.

Similar Threads

  1. Have to give up my Curve for a Pearl.
    By squiddaddy in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
  2. Ok I give up haha Where is Facebook haha
    By CIAFinisher in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 04:34 AM
  3. AIM - I Give Up!
    By lechakan in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 11:24 AM
  4. Giving up on the 8830
    By FBlack in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions