Good day everyone. I recently received my refurbished replacement from my mobile carrier after it was determined that I had a speaker issue.

Both phones were running OS 7.1.0.391, Platform 5.1.0.139 BOLD 9900

I was able to use Blackberry Device Analyzer on my old device. For whatever reason I can't seem to enable it on this one.

The application shows up in my Application Management list and all permissions are set to "allow".

I've read a report indicating that to activate it, you must go to options and then enter "Alt BBDA" which of course will give you the characters !!5*

Well, I've tried this to no avail. I've done battery pulls etc, tried again and still cannot get it to enable.

Can anyone offer any assistance in this regard? I am having network drop issues that I need to analyze because I am currently involved in a dispute with my carrier about a dead zone near my home.

I truly appreciate any assistance anyone might be able to offer me in this regard.
    09-27-12 05:57 PM
    If you're running .391 then you don't need to enable Device Analyzer. That is only required for newer OS versions above .523 where the app is hidden.

Just go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings and open it.

FYI - permissions do not need to be set to allow. Mine are all custom by default.
    09-27-12 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but I can't see the application in options-device-advanced system settings.

Even a universal search doesn't show it.

I only see the function in application management but I can't open it.

Frustrating. Why do I feel this is going to end up with an OS re-load?
    09-27-12 07:17 PM
    Turns out I had to re-load the operating system. Some file must have become corrupt so once reloading the os, analyzer now appears in quick search and I am able to open it.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-28-12 11:53 AM
    Turns out I had to re-load the operating system. Some file must have become corrupt so once reloading the os, analyzer now appears in quick search and I am able to open it.
    I recall this happening to a user a few weeks ago. It happens...
    09-28-12 12:20 PM
    Maybe your pressing the ALT BBDA at the homescreen.

Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings and there press ALT BBDA

Then a pop up should show that saying activate blackberry analyzer.

After that exit options, then open it again.
    PradeepDamodara likes this.
    09-29-12 02:19 AM
    Maybe your pressing the ALT BBDA at the homescreen...
    Maybe you should read the thread.
    1) The OP is running .391 where Device Analyzer is not hidden, and does not need enabling first.
    2) The OP has already fixed his issue by reinstalling the OS. Corrupt file... sorted
    09-29-12 02:53 AM
    I realize that this wasn't the solution that worked for the OP, but just wanted to mention that this worked for me.
    I'm on v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0.532

Turns out it does not work if you do ALT+BBDA from the 'Options' screen, you need to go all the way to the 'Advanced System Settings' page.
    This doesn't open the universal search box, and doesn't show the !!5* characters anywhere on screen. It just shows a pop-up, and Device Analyzer is then activated in the advanced menu.

If everyone already knew this, my bad. I'm new to BB, but loving it

Cheers!

Maybe your pressing the ALT BBDA at the homescreen.

Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings and there press ALT BBDA

Then a pop up should show that saying activate blackberry analyzer.

After that exit options, then open it again.
    09-16-13 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD