A lot of bold 99XX users are experiencing their phone bricking by themselves.. I had mine for about a month and two weeks and so far I have no problems.. Is it likely it will happen to me? And most importantly.. What's causing it?
    11-06-11 09:31 PM
    Make regular device backups and use BlackBerry Protect. The 9900 bricking seems to be an epidemic! I would think it's likely to happen to yours. Cause: Unknown.
    11-06-11 09:34 PM
    mannn. I've already lost the receipt. If this thing gets bricked.. I'm gonna give RIM a very angry call.
    11-06-11 09:39 PM
    Mine 9930 has worked almost flawlessly since I bought it in August. It required few, if any, battery pulls. Here and there it wouldn't "wake up" right away when hitting the unlock button, but not a serious problem. This morning, out of no where: bricked. The common thread those seems to be the battery getting to low, but as I pointed out to someone, my battery was in the red last night, but I had was able to get it on a charger and took it back off when it was half charged and it worked just fine.
    11-06-11 09:51 PM
    despite what you read on here, the bricking issue seems to be happening to only a small minority of users but it does seem to be systemic (i.e. affecting all 9900's and not isolated to one carrier or make of the phone..)

we don't know what is causing it yet. for those that it has happened to, it seems to have been related to...(in the order of frequency i've observed):

1) letting the battery drain to the point where the BB is dead
    2) after installation of an incomptiable app or bringing oiver OS6 apps
    3) upgrading the OS
    4) purely random
    5) playing around with .COD files

as Chrisy520 wrote, just make sure you're backing up your data with either Protect or Desktop Manager.
    11-06-11 09:53 PM
    I'm curious as to when people started experiencing this problem. I've had my phone since mid August and this morning when it happened I immediately refered to the forums and there have been a good bit of posts as of late, so are these phones starting to crap out at the 2-3 month mark or is this something that's been happening all along just not as big of an issue.
    11-06-11 09:58 PM
    I'm wondering if any at&t users are having or will have this issue as widespread as others seem to have. Might be something that was addressed in .440. In which case I might have to take back some of the rotten things I've been saying about them. Not all, just some. I am, however, going to be taking frequent backups just in case.
    11-06-11 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD