Love mine also. Have it since December without a single issue so maybe I avoided the occassional problems of a first wave, best phone ever had (and continuing to better appreciate it over time, as I better use its possibilities) so not painful to wait a little longer for the BB10.

rarsen
    06-30-12 06:42 PM
    Something wrong with that picture dude, on an average day I get 14-16hrs no problem.

Make sure u are on a good O/S.

Nothings wrong. I'm on Sprints official .267. I'm not really into loading leaked OS's.
    A lot of people get better battery life on the 4S than the 9930/9900 from what I've seen on here
    & 14-16 hours still wouldn't be a full day lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 06:43 PM
    Iphone a day and a half. That's funny.

Yup.
    With moderate usage.
    I tweet, text, some browsing & listen to music a lot & I never have to charge until the next day.

I do the same on my Blackberry & by around 9-10PM it needs to be recharged.

06-30-12 06:45 PM
    IPhone battery life is no good. You have to keep waking up the screen to see if you have a message.

It doesn't really effect the battery life.
    A quick push of the unlock button, if you see no messages, then press it again to lock it.
    Takes all of 5 seconds.

06-30-12 06:48 PM
    Thanks again for the info,

I'm surprised that the 9900 with only a 2.8" screen dies quicker then an iPhone, or even my One-X, I get 12-14 hours with around 3-4hour screen on time.. I always have Wifi turned off, and only on when at work/home..

I am really looking forward to a bb10 device, ill definately be getting one of those, but really debating pros/cons about getting a 9900 now rather then waiting... Sounds like the whole community wants a bb10 device also

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-12 06:59 PM
    I love mine save the very annoying problem of freezing a couple of times a day whilst opening a contact. It freezes for a minute or so and you just have to wait for that STUPID PHONE to work! It absolutely kills me.I am on 342.
    07-01-12 01:51 AM
    People say the iphone battery is good, but my mate's iphone 4s used only for taking photos, not even a sim card in it, one weekend side by side with my 9900. The iphone wouldn't even last a day.

I'm very skeptical when i hear about iphones having good battery now.
    07-01-12 02:18 AM
    Get the Bold 99xx. No problems whatsoever with my unit. Switched over from an iPhone 4 and I am in love with the Bold. Its so much nicer to type on, even though it doesn't have a good app support but hey I don't use most of the apps on my iPhone either.

Battery life on the Bold unplugged at 6am, with texting, whatsapp, tweeting, 2 emails, a bit of bbm lasts me throughout the day, sometimes till the next day before needing a recharge
    07-01-12 02:55 AM
    My phone is an early Mexico 4 9900 model and going strong since almost four months now. Having said that I should add the store I purchased this one had five Bolds in stock - all the same date Mexico 4s.

I returned my first Bold because after opening the package at home I quickly noticed the trackpad was applied way too deep inside the case. Your finger always had to "climb" up the edges of the surrounding button area.

Brought back the device and we had a look at another three: two had exactly the same problem, one (which I use now) had the trackpad on about the same level like the surrounding button bar.
    The only "flawless" Bold was the fifth one - the showcase model - which unfortunatly had some scratches due to customer abuse. I think this is really a sad thing for a company like RIM. Having 3 out of 5 devices out of the question, 1 device accetable and 1 good is a poor result for a flagship device.

So I'd check out the phone if you can before buying it. Of course other companies aren't free of complains either: had to return my Nokia N900 two times because of heavy pixel errors, my HTC Desire Z had a mediocre built quality too. So stuff like this can always happen.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Buy the Bold, there are no mass errors out there which effects every single device.
    07-01-12 07:28 AM
    I love mine, Mexico 5, loaded a leaked OS right out of the box, and continue to load leaks. Bought it right after the AT&T release, not one problem ever, let alone brick/nuke.

Buy one and BBM me!
    07-01-12 08:50 AM
    if you value the robust software available RIGHT now

Do it, if you wanna give BB10 a try wait for it, either way you should get the best outa what RIM have on offer.
    07-01-12 08:52 AM
    No issues with my 9900 here. Purchased from a friend in january... So i have no clue how old it actually is
    07-01-12 12:58 PM
    The only problem I had on my bold was to reload the OS, app error. I had that from launch week and this second even longer than the first. No problems here.
    cwong15 likes this.
    07-01-12 01:32 PM
    Hi OP. I had a similar hesitation but the CB community set me straight. You can check out the thread I started on the matter a few months ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-fear-713491/
    07-01-12 04:27 PM
    Iphone a day and a half. That's funny.
    Mine does the same. As does my husbands. Both outlasted my 9900. You wont believe it but whatever.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-12 04:31 PM
    You must have your iPhone shut off then. Just kidding there, but my 4s battery is considerably worse than my 9900 given equal use..... Not sure why, but a fact.

I'm sorry but iPhone Battery life > Bold battery life.
    My Bold lasts until about 9, 9:30 at night where my iPhone lasted a day & a half.

07-01-12 04:35 PM
    There is a difference between the 4 and 4S...I get fantastic battery on my 4.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-12 05:13 PM
    When I had iOS 5 the battery was horrible but when the iOS5.1 upgrade came out it changed drastically in a good way.
    With the first iOS5 it lasted maybe until 6 or 7 without needing a charge.
    5.1 made a huge difference. For me at least.

07-01-12 05:43 PM
    I have been with the 9900 since it came out last August. One I exchanged because I dropped it and the screen scratches bugged me, then a few months later I exchanged it because a strip of rubber by the earpiece had somehow come loose and it was bothering me.

None of the three 9900's I have had (the 2 exchanged ones and the current one I have now) have bricked. Not even once. It is a great phone and it doesn't seem outdated to me, even though next month will make it a year since I've had it!

Two thumbs up, as far as I'm concerned.
    07-01-12 08:12 PM
    Ordered my 9930 at midnight the day it came out on Verizon and have never had any issues with it.
    07-01-12 09:07 PM
    Not trolling, just my thoughts (as I stated)... Maybe your just trying to get your post count up *idk*

I still have intentions of buying a 9900, but wanted to hear the latest from the community.. And I appreciate everyone replying

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Well I have to say that I have had my 9900 for quite some time and I have never had a single issue with it. I heard the same stories about bricking and battery not lasting etc, but honestly right out of the box it worked perfectly. I have to wonder how many of the problems people had were self inflicted. I would not hesitate for one second in getting a 9900. Unless of course your into playing games and watching movies if thats the case you dont need a phone get an ipod.
    07-01-12 09:31 PM
    I have the iphone4 and the 9900. The stupid iphone won't update to Os5 with my. Windows 7 pc. So I can't comment on it after the update. In standby the iphone last longer but if I use it the same way as the 9900 on 7.1 it doesn't.
    07-01-12 09:43 PM
    Months of use with not a single issue. Fast and efficient messaging, no BS. Tool first then toy.

Sent from my BlackBerry BOLD 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 01:42 AM
    the one i have was a broken one. A dude at work ride a bit on it with his car... the IT does not do reparation so i ask to have it.
    damage: keyboard exploded and the bezel to change. Motherboard and screen nothing (I was like: sh*t, it is f*cking solid)
    Since I did the reparation, the 9900 is working perfecly. No other reparation or anything. Maybe that the first pieces got issues but then it is working fine. And the keyboard is just awesome. I was coming from a 9800 and I was afraid of having a smaller display. Finally the combo screen + keyboard is really great.
    Then it is about app. I do use a couple of one, but it is for news and I do not play game. And use it for facebook, twitter, bbm and email.
    You will find the main one easily.
    battery? a day easily with the last release (7.1.0.523).
    the OS? for an antic one ( ) it does his job very well.
    then you will have always pros and cons.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 02:54 AM
    Basically of all the BlackBerrys (the 9900 included) I have had one return, the Storm 1 and every agrees that was the worst BlackBerry ever. The replacement Storm (in a drawer now) still works.
    I have fiddled with them all a lot too.
    I always wonder how RIM didnt make the 9850 an all touch Bold-type. That is exacty what it needed.
    07-02-12 07:58 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD