And then I started reading about the bricking issue, and how (it seems) everyone has had 2+ replacements??

It also seems RIM havnt fixed the issue, and it still is happening?

I really want to join the BB family, I've spent an hour on the 9900 and I love the keyboard and style, but it doesn't seem worth the risk with all the complaints people seem to have? Reboots, bricking etc

Just my thoughts :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-12 03:29 PM
    No problems here. And I have been using it since it was first made available in the region (Middle East).

Never bricked.
    06-30-12 03:32 PM
    No issues here - UK model 9900. I've messed with the OS so many times I can't remember and never an issue since release.
    Last edited by Daeve; 06-30-12 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
    06-30-12 03:54 PM
    Hahahahhahaha, unreal. There were a few that bricked in the begining, but that issue is dead.

I would take my 9900 over my g/f's iPhone crap 4 any day of the week. Her battery drains like crazy and it is slower at most tasks that I can do on my 9900.

9900 wins my heart the more I see others struggle with there iPhones and early android devices.

Go Bold dude and update to 7.1.523 as soon as you get it.
    06-30-12 03:58 PM
    I bought mine in September, it was in my hand on the 6th and even Mexican it has no flaws. Build quality is very good. OS is ok to good. You haven brikking devices on all plattforms...

with one post, you have to ok with, that I am suspecting you to be a T... ;p
    06-30-12 04:08 PM
    Buy it! Well worth it! Love this bb. So what if you have to replace it? There isn't any garentee that any phone you get won't have an issue or have to be replaced. My father has had more trouble with his motorola dumb phone than I have had with my 2 blackberries. He's had to replaced it twice. Go for it!
    06-30-12 04:12 PM
    The bricking issue has been fixed as far as I know. Make sure to look at the DATES of the posts when searching here.

I was reluctant to get a 99xx as well because of that issue. I haven't seen it reported in a long time (other than the usual number of random bricking).

Get the 99xx! As with any data, make sure you back up regulary. Install BlackBerry Protect as well! No worries.
    06-30-12 04:12 PM
    No bricking here. Did have a bad Wi-Fi antenna...but it was replaced under warranty. Honestly, if you're into BBM and a physical keyboard, or have a PlayBook go for it. If you don't care about that, there are other better choices out there.
    06-30-12 04:16 PM
    My first 9930 died and when I spoke to Verizon Wireless BlackBerry support, I was told it was an issue with some of the first ones made. I had ordered mine within minutes of them being available online, so it was probably one of the first ones.
    06-30-12 04:18 PM
    Thanks all for the quick responses,

As my far as I could see, the issue was hardware related over firmware?
    I don't want to wake up one morning, the have to go get my phone replaced because it's faulty.. I have been on ios and android since 2008 and never had a faulty phone...

I don't use bbm, as barely any friends have bb, but I do use whatsapp a lot, and like typing on the bb for that.

Another issue is exchange, I have seen astrasync as a solution, but unsure of how reliable it is? There was other also...

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-12 04:22 PM
    Thanks all for the quick responses,

As my far as I could see, the issue was hardware related over firmware?
    I don't want to wake up one morning, the have to go get my phone replaced because it's faulty.. I have been on ios and android since 2008 and never had a faulty phone...

I don't use bbm, as barely any friends have bb, but I do use whatsapp a lot, and like typing on the bb for that.

Another issue is exchange, I have seen astrasync as a solution, but unsure of how reliable it is? There was other also...

Thanks

Get some better friends!
    06-30-12 04:25 PM
    Get some better friends!
    Ha! I agree and will pass it on :-)

jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-30-12 04:28 PM
    Hummmmm, what's that smell.......smells like "TROLL". That's a smell you never forget. GO AWAY
    06-30-12 04:29 PM
    Not everyone has had issues with bricking or otherwise. You will almost never see all the people with no bricking issues writing in to say they are doing fine. It is only the bad ones that get mentioned, making it appear that the problem is more than it really is. Never had an issue with mine.
    06-30-12 04:31 PM
    Hummmmm, what's that smell.......smells like "TROLL". That's a smell you never forget. GO AWAY
    Not trolling, just my thoughts (as I stated)... Maybe your just trying to get your post count up *idk*

I still have intentions of buying a 9900, but wanted to hear the latest from the community.. And I appreciate everyone replying

Bobert_123 likes this.
    06-30-12 04:33 PM
    Every device has had bugs, EVERY ONE. My first Android had a glitch here it would reboot about 20 times a day.
    06-30-12 04:35 PM
    Don't know where in the world you heard everyone had 2+ replacements but it's absolutely not true. There were some issues early on but many of us, myself included, have had no problems at all. Loving my Bold.
    06-30-12 05:07 PM
    Hahahahhahaha, unreal. There were a few that bricked in the begining, but that issue is dead.

I would take my 9900 over my g/f's iPhone crap 4 any day of the week. Her battery drains like crazy and it is slower at most tasks that I can do on my 9900.

9900 wins my heart the more I see others struggle with there iPhones and early android devices.

Go Bold dude and update to 7.1.523 as soon as you get it.

I'm sorry but iPhone Battery life > Bold battery life.
    My Bold lasts until about 9, 9:30 at night where my iPhone lasted a day & a half.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    andy957 and reeneebob like this.
    06-30-12 05:15 PM
    Something wrong with that picture dude, on an average day I get 14-16hrs no problem.

Make sure u are on a good O/S.
    06-30-12 05:20 PM
    Not trolling, just my thoughts (as I stated)... Maybe your just trying to get your post count up *idk*

I still have intentions of buying a 9900, but wanted to hear the latest from the community.. And I appreciate everyone replying

Post count, serious.....look at my join date. It's obvious you already know the pro's and con's of the 99xx series and it appears you're trying to get answers to questions that you have been researching and already know the answers to.......Anyway, the 99xx series are...IMO, the best Blackberry device to date, I have had ZERO PROBLEMS with my 9930 and I'm very pleased with its performance
    06-30-12 05:21 PM
    My Bold lasts until about 9, 9:30 at night where my iPhone lasted a day & a half.

Iphone a day and a half. That's funny.
    06-30-12 05:42 PM
    IPhone battery life is no good. You have to keep waking up the screen to see if you have a message.
    06-30-12 05:45 PM
    And then I started reading about the bricking issue, and how (it seems) everyone has had 2+ replacements??

It also seems RIM havnt fixed the issue, and it still is happening?

I really want to join the BB family, I've spent an hour on the 9900 and I love the keyboard and style, but it doesn't seem worth the risk with all the complaints people seem to have? Reboots, bricking etc

Just my thoughts :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I had a 9930 and no issues with it at all it was a great device. I am now enjoying the torch I like the landscape it gives you. Every device has issues at one time or another so don't let negative reviews turn you away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 05:50 PM
    Love mine. We have 3 in the office. Never any issues. Best phone I have owned and I have had MANY.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah and I have a PlayBook too!
    06-30-12 05:53 PM

Exactly the same experience here. iPhone battery lasts a lot longer, and my 9900 (I changed from 9790 to 9900 a week ago) does have a decent battery life.

Edit: I might add that I live and work mostly in good coverage areas, and take advantage of WiFi most of the time. Under such condition, iPhone does last a lot longer. No idea how these two compare in fringe areas etc.
    Last edited by xanadome; 06-30-12 at 06:34 PM.
    06-30-12 06:31 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD