I let my battery drain last night till the phone shut itself off. Got home charged phone and went to bed. Woke up this morning and when I tried to turn the phone, the keypad lit up briefly then the red led went on then off. Phone wouldn't turn on until I did a battery pull, very weird.

Anyone have any idea why that happened or what I can do to avoid that again? I found draining the battery to 0 then a full charge does help in battery life.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-11 07:21 PM
    Draining the battery constantly to 0 will kill it. Charge often. It makes bb bateries happy. The suggestion to drain it to 0 was for new users unable to get it to charge to 100%. As for your problem, was it plugged into the wall or pc? Is it working now? How many times have you fully discharged your battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 07:45 PM
    Same thing happened to mine.. now, it just spins a clock, doesn't connect to USB for any longer then 3 secs and.. come Wednesday Rogers will have a new one in my hands.. ridiculous this can happy so easily.
    10-30-11 07:56 PM
    Same thing happened to mine.. now, it just spins a clock, doesn't connect to USB for any longer then 3 secs and.. come Wednesday Rogers will have a new one in my hands.. ridiculous this can happy so easily.
    And you were on stock OS also right?
    10-30-11 07:59 PM
    Free 9900 o blow away!
    10-30-11 08:08 PM
    I am starting to worry about the flash memory on this device if it is sensitive, weak or faulty sometimes?
    10-30-11 08:10 PM
    Was only the 2nd time I've drained the battery. Yes the phones working now thankfully. I had the phone plugged into the wall, was using my old 9700 charger.
    I'm using .439 right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD