The more i play around with my Sprint 9930 the more new things i discover. While browsing the crackberry site i noticed that all embedded youtube videos work perfectly fine. I can pause, go to fullscreen, change sound. Here's the video.

andy_mk3 and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-27-11 05:08 PM
    Great find!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 05:50 PM
    I get an error when I try to play the video.
    08-27-11 05:57 PM
    Ok i saw your youtube video and tried to play the same html5 vid on the crackberry blog about BBM Music but nothing...my 9930 (Verizon) tries to load the vid but never plays it...what do you have under your browser's options? Do i need to tweak anything? ...i can't play any embedded html5 vids at all!...this is frustrating...that and not having Pandora yet...otherwise this is an awesome device
    08-27-11 06:17 PM
    Wow. I hadn't tried to watch a YouTube video. This is cool.
    08-27-11 07:01 PM
    Ok i saw your youtube video and tried to play the same html5 vid on the crackberry blog about BBM Music but nothing...my 9930 (Verizon) tries to load the vid but never plays it...what do you have under your browser's options? Do i need to tweak anything? ...i can't play any embedded html5 vids at all!...this is frustrating...that and not having Pandora yet...otherwise this is an awesome device
    In the browser settings make sure "play embedded media" is selected.

08-27-11 07:45 PM
    My 9930 from VZW still doesn't play media with the "enable embedded media" option selected. It just pretends to load but never does. Is yours from sprint? Don't thinl it really matters since their running the same package. Hope this is fized soon

08-27-11 08:38 PM
    i have "Enable Embedded Media" checked....nothing...then realized i didn't set up WiFi yet so i did that and after pulling the battery i tried again but nothing still...what gives? This is frustrating...i don't even want to try calling Verizon as it seems like i know more about berries than their reps do sometimes...any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
    08-27-11 09:44 PM
    Hmmm that's weird. What OS build are you? I am .241, and yes this is a Sprint 9930
    08-27-11 10:09 PM
    Verizon Bold came with OS .254 ....and now SourBB is reporting the same problem i'm having...he has Verizon as well...is this problem carrier related due to the OS they ship out?...can we try to confirm this?
    08-27-11 10:38 PM
    I guess its the difference in OS - makes me wonder why this feature would be removed in the later versions. Hmm

I did just test - and it works for me with and without WiFi.

08-28-11 06:58 AM
    Works fine here on my 9900 running .296 (vodafone uk), with and without wifi
    08-28-11 07:15 AM
    Works great for me...
    Didn't realize videos posted on pages would play like as if I was on a computer.
    08-28-11 12:17 PM
    ok html5 embedded vids do play on Sprint and Vodafone 99xx's browser but can people that have Verizon running OS .254 check if they can? I want them to post...I wanna hear from Verizon costumers to see if they're experiencing the same problem...that will rule out my own device being faulty and basically make it an OS bug which can be easily fixed with an update
    08-28-11 05:19 PM
    Just got mine to work!

I had to do a few things though.

First, I had to click play on the video, and then my browser tried to buffer and play the content, but it failed. However, it said something about HTML5 and leaving my opinion and it provided a link.

I clicked the link and at the very bottom there was an option where you OPT-IN for the HTML5 and I clicked that, which refreshed page and then it said something like "you are now opt-in for HTML5 trial".

I then tried playing the video again, but it didn't work.

So then I took Metalp3n's advice and went to my options. My "enable embedded media" was already checked, but I noticed my "enable developer tools" wasn't. So I check this off and refreshed and voila! I can play youtube videos!

Gonna go see if it'll play all HD youtube videos.
    wolfpack0008 and Metalp3n like this.
    08-28-11 05:41 PM
    Okay, so not everything works on youtube.

Some of the content on youtube still requires Flash Player 10, so those won't work.
    08-28-11 05:45 PM
    m12k1177 i followed your instructions word by word but when i got to the refresh part at the end and tried to play the vid not only did it not play but now it doesn't even show the link about leaving your opinion on html5 anymore...it doesn't even try to lead...now it just basically says "Your need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video" and provides a link to download Adobe Flash which of course i know its not supported on the 9930....so i went back to youtube and left the trial...so i'm back to square one...i noticed you have Rogers...which OS does your BB have?
    08-28-11 06:22 PM
    Does anyone know a way to get the HTML5 version of the YouTube website that
    is accessible with an iPhone or Android?
    08-28-11 07:15 PM
    Ok i guess there aren't that many Verizon costumers witt 9930's in here yet do this checking....so i guess i'm gonna have to do my own little investigation and go Verizon and Sprint stores and play with their demo devices to see if there is any difference when playing html5 embedded vids due to the diffence in OS built
    08-29-11 11:36 AM
    Works for me after sleecting both thos options. Im on a 9930 for VZ...

any idea if we are ever going to be able to watch all youtube stuff in HD?

how about using Opera to view it?? this is cool
    08-29-11 12:01 PM
    I am also having problems playing Youtube and Facebook videos. When I play a Youtube video it buffers then play then play some more then buffers again play a little bit more then buffers. In Facebook it tells me that I need flashplayer. I was on the phone with Verizon tech for almost an hour and still having the same problems and downloaded flashplayer and still no help really. I just got off of the phone with them again about this and this time they suggested I go into the Verizon store and get a new phone becuase it should not be doing this.

What do you all think. I am really stressed about this because I just purchased this BB on Thursday Aug. 25th. And I am getting ready to go on a business trip next week so I need a phone. The only reason I purchased this phone is because my BB Tour fell in the sink. I did not have this problem with my Tour. I could view videos with it with no problem. I also can not log into Slacker radio it keeps saying email and password does not match but I am puttin in the correct one. Please help if you can. If not I am going to return to the store and try a new one.

I almost forgot one of the techs stated that I should have got a Android Pro because it is just like a BB.
    Last edited by Gospelsongbird; 08-29-11 at 04:31 PM.
    08-29-11 04:22 PM
    There is no flashplayer for the phone....
    08-29-11 04:24 PM
    Ok so there is no flashplayer for the phone so I will not be able to view videos from Facebook. What about Youtube?
    08-29-11 04:32 PM
    You need to look at the start of the thread again Gospelsongbird.
    08-29-11 04:33 PM
    I did read from the first page. And I enabled embedded media and developer tools and the videos still are buffering. Am I missing something? I am a newbie please be patient with me. So the bottom line is, I will not be able to play YouTube videos or Facebook videos until Flashplayer 10 is available for the 9930?
    08-29-11 04:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD