I was on youtube and i saw the video where they were sending files doing back to back nfc file transfer. can anyone explain HOW to do this? Please and thank you!
    01-22-12 12:11 AM
    Video looks very interesting, if I only had two NFC capable BBs it would try to find a solution ;-)

Maybe anyone else?
    01-22-12 12:04 PM
    Yes, please can anyone else answer
    01-22-12 10:58 PM
    Me and my fiance are both on a 9900. Ill see what I can do to test it.
    01-22-12 11:50 PM
    One example for transfering a picture using NFC:

Open a picture on a BlackBerry.
    Hit BB key, Select Send>Tag
    Tap its battery door to the battery door of another NFC-enabled BB.
    The rest is to answer question(s) if any.

The above works if both devices:
    - are NFC enabled
    - have NFC turned on in the Manage Connections
    - have backlight on when tapped
    - are not (password) locked when tapped
    [Edit] - run a BB OS with BlackBerry Tag (7.1.x.x ?)
    Last edited by Vijik; 01-29-12 at 08:46 PM.
    01-29-12 08:40 PM
    One example for transfering a picture using NFC:

Open a picture on a BlackBerry.
    Hit BB key, Select Send>Tag
    Tap its battery door to the battery door of another NFC-enabled BB.
    The rest is to answer question(s) if any.

The above works if both devices:
    - are NFC enabled
    - have NFC turned on in the Manage Connections
    - have backlight on when tapped
    - are not (password) locked when tapped
    [Edit] - run a BB OS with BlackBerry Tag (7.1.x.x ?)
    Thanks for the step by step. I followed it but when I hit the BB key I don't the option of "tags" I guess cause I'm using OS 7.0.0.585
    02-01-12 01:47 AM
    yip thats your issue... upgrade it
    02-01-12 06:52 AM
    I upgraded both my 9900 and my wifes to the 7.1. Still no file transfer. I get the option to send via Tag but when I put the devices back to back nothing happens.
    03-18-12 10:22 PM
    I upgraded both my 9900 and my wifes to the 7.1. Still no file transfer. I get the option to send via Tag but when I put the devices back to back nothing happens.
    If you have OS 7.1, and if NFC is turned on and the backlight is on (when tapped) then it might be something wrong with the NFC antenna on the battery door.

Do you have a NFC tag (programmed with smart poster info)? If so, tap them with both BBs and see if Smart Tags app pops up. If it doesn't (and assuming the tag is already programmed and is one of the supported types (i.e. Mifare Ultralight)), then you might need to change the battery door on the BB that doesn't read the tag.
    03-19-12 08:10 AM
    Our Tag is working well. One phone on Bell and one on Telus, both on 7.1.
    One phone should display the file that is to be transfered (the file does not need to be open, just highlighted by the cursor) and the receiving phone can be on the home screen. Hold the phones back-to-back until you hear a beep. A message will appear and the transfer will start.
    03-19-12 10:11 AM
    I updated my T-mobile BB to 7.1 but didn't see the Tag option. I also check Manage Connection screen on my BB, there isn't an option for NFC. Am I missing something?
    Could someone post a tutorial video?
    Thanks.
    03-20-12 12:19 PM
    I updated my T-mobile BB to 7.1 but didn't see the Tag option. I also check Manage Connection screen on my BB, there isn't an option for NFC. Am I missing something?
    Could someone post a tutorial video?
    Thanks.
    TMO are blocking NFC for all their users.
    03-20-12 12:22 PM
    Will this NFC transfer work across platforms, say from a BB9900 to a Samsung Nexus?
    03-20-12 02:57 PM
    Will this NFC transfer work across platforms, say from a BB9900 to a Samsung Nexus?
    BB Tag and Google Beam are the names RIM and Google called their implementation of Peer2Peer mode of NFC.
    In theory any device with NFC peer2peer mode should be able to "talk" to another device with NFC peer2peer.
    If RIM and Google have done a good job of designing their Peer2Peer (exactly as it is specified by NFC specifications), then we are fine, otherwise we should wait until they fix it.
    rfig likes this.
    03-20-12 05:06 PM
    BB Tag and Google Beam are the names RIM and Google called their implementation of Peer2Peer mode of NFC.
    In theory any device with NFC peer2peer mode should be able to "talk" to another device with NFC peer2peer.
    If RIM and Google have done a good job of designing their Peer2Peer (exactly as it is specified by NFC specifications), then we are fine, otherwise we should wait until they fix it.
    Alright, I'll try tomorrow. A friend at work has a Nexus with NFC, so I'll see if it works.
    03-20-12 07:31 PM
    Alright, I'll try tomorrow. A friend at work has a Nexus with NFC, so I'll see if it works.
    I postd this in the andriod forum but i'll post here as well. I tried to send a pic using my bold 9900 to nexus via NFC. Nexus buzzed and shook but didnt show anything... i dotn think it worked .. does anyone know how this process works?
    06-02-12 10:02 PM
    Was just reading an article about how the next iPhone will have NFC included and the author was touting how it has the potential to allow for swapping of files between devices.

Now my understanding, granted only via wikipedia, is that NFC in it's current state has a max transfer rate of 424 kbit/s.

I suppose that smaller photos and contact info could be transferred simply enough but when it comes to bigger media files like music and video there's no way it'll be a tap and share type of thing.

Also if you guys want to look at the article I was reading fyi. Here you go:
    iPhone 5 prototypes reportedly reveal NFC support | Apple - CNET News
    06-25-12 11:29 AM
    NFC allows the two devices to set up a bluetooth pairing automatically, then send the file using the much faster bluetooth technology, and then remove the paired connection when finished.
    Very slick and secure process.
    09-21-12 11:55 AM
    Has anyone else tried using the NFC? I updated my phone this morning and am so stoked about it. I wish I could just run around and scan the whole world. I have a friend that has an S3, I want to try and transfer a picture.
    09-22-12 10:23 AM
    I've transferred pictures using nfc between 2 Bold 9930's and between a Bold 9900 and a 9930. Don't have any other nfc equipped phone to test it out with. Anyone knows if it works for mobile payment systems? Like I'll be going to the UK soon and wanted to know if I can use my Bold 9930 as a replacement for Oyster cards?
    09-23-12 05:31 AM
    Was just reading an article about how the next iPhone will have NFC included and the author was touting how it has the potential to allow for swapping of files between devices.

Now my understanding, granted only via wikipedia, is that NFC in it's current state has a max transfer rate of 424 kbit/s.

I suppose that smaller photos and contact info could be transferred simply enough but when it comes to bigger media files like music and video there's no way it'll be a tap and share type of thing.

Also if you guys want to look at the article I was reading fyi. Here you go:
    iPhone 5 prototypes reportedly reveal NFC support | Apple - CNET News
    Sorry, no NFC for the iPhone this time around.
    09-23-12 05:53 AM
    I've transferred pictures using nfc between 2 Bold 9930's and between a Bold 9900 and a 9930. Don't have any other nfc equipped phone to test it out with. Anyone knows if it works for mobile payment systems? Like I'll be going to the UK soon and wanted to know if I can use my Bold 9930 as a replacement for Oyster cards?
    You can't transfer your virtual payment card from one device to another using NFC.
    Actually, one of the most important safety features of the NFC is that the 'card' itself can't be read/copied over NFC or even from the device it self.
    (NFC payment cards are in a secure chip with secure keys only known to the cloud system that has installed it in the first place)

When you do payment over NFC, the card just does the communication required to authenticate it self with the payment system. It does not send a copy of itself for each payment.
    samunosuke likes this.
    09-23-12 08:42 AM
    Thanks mate. Appreciate the response. Good to know.
    Vijik likes this.
    09-23-12 10:59 AM
    I know this is an old posting but does anyone know if you can NFC transfer multiple files at once? Or just one at a time. I have 500 songs I want to transfer to another phone it would be awesome to do it in one click.

Thanks

Chris.
    12-04-12 09:04 AM
    Can any two NFC capable devices share files, contacts, etc or is this just BB to BB sharing?
    03-13-13 01:01 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD