I've had a problematic 9900 for 3 days now but have quered it by a full data wipe.
    However after doing another transfer from my old 9700 (which has all my contacts on it) to my now wiped 9900 I've found ththat my contacts have not transfered!
    How do I now transfer my contacts from my 9700 to my 9900?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 06:43 PM
    Can you sync them to,say, Gmail and then sync to the 9900?
    10-21-11 07:12 PM
    I've never used the google system! Can it handle all the details held on a blackberry contact entry like numbers, email addreses, pin numbers and photos all in one contact?

10-21-11 09:55 PM
    for the most part, I would think yes. I am not sure about the pin and photos BUT, on your 9700 do a backup of your pin contacts to an email address, then with the 9900 restore that list from the same email account.
    I did that when I changed from 8350i to 9900 just last week and lost absolutely nothing.
    10-22-11 12:27 PM
    Use the USB which comes with the new phone. Download Desktop Manager. Plug in your old phone and press backup or there might be a different option which is something to do with changing devices. Once done, plug in new phone and click restore. Boom! All contacts in

10-22-11 12:47 PM
    I've never used the google system! Can it handle all the details held on a blackberry contact entry like numbers, email addreses, pin numbers and photos all in one contact?

Well you gave me part of my answer saying you don't know much about Google apps but if your email is gmail just download Google sync and then you can transfer all your contacts from your google email or gmail I should say to your device very easitly.
    10-22-11 04:36 PM
    BlackBerry proect app will back up your contacts from your old phone and transfer them to your new phone.

10-22-11 05:49 PM
    Have bought a used unlocked Bold 9900 and wanted to transfer 200 contacts which were on an iPhone 4s. I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Software BDS which first updated to system on the 9900 througha cable connection - miniUSB to standard on the MacBook. It took a long time. For a while it seemed to be doing nothing, but the blue bar kept shimmering. When complete I had to restart (unplugged the phone) then when going again clicked on the BDS and on the left had the various files I could synch, including contacts. I had all the contacts in an Address Book folder I called Blackberry - I moved these from the iPhone using it's wire and iTunes (complicated) - and went to synch button on top right of screen. It did it! So then I did the calendar and that too went over. The whole job took over an hour but now I have my Blackberry (which seems like a long lost friend as I got on with Curve I had before) with all the contacts I need. With the BDS installed on the computer I can do a synch regularly, keeping calendar etc up to date on both.
    11-30-15 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD