I've been searching online and most of the tech articles found are either outdated or instructions simply don't work. I tried to connect to my iPad2 this morning with my 9930 and the iPad says my phone is not supported.

Has anyone figured out a way to tether to the iPad2 via BT DUN? If so, detailed instructions?

Thanks.
    09-05-12 08:22 AM
    You may want to check if you have hotspot availiable on your 9930 - Im not familiar with Sprint plans but you should be able to wi-fi it to your iPad2.
    09-05-12 09:19 AM
    Mobile Hotspot is the only way. Sprint has an official 7.1 software which you should update to if you haven't already and then you can use Mobile Hotspot. I found this on someone with regards to Sprint's charges for Mobile Hotspot.

Mobile Hotspot is a very useful feature on the 99, but I thought 30 bucks a month was a bit much considering I would only use it a couple days a month at most. While speaking with the Sprint rep on the phone, I was told I could activate Hotspot with a "expiration date"(turn off date) as short as one day and I would only be charged for the arranged days. Once Sprint activates the Hotspot, we can use it on our end in less than 5 minutes, so we can literally only pay for the days we need it. That comes out to just about a dollar each day and the feature has been a savior while working and playing.
    Just say to the rep "I would like to activate mobile hotspot with an expiration date" and the whole process is finished in minutes and your clients, co-workers, boss, or non PlayBook having friends will be in debt to you when it comes in handy.

Thank you Sprint and RIM, this is huge for me.
    97FZJ80 likes this.
    09-05-12 09:22 AM
    iPad needs to be jailbroken
    iBluever on iPad, download from Cydia
    PDANet on phone

make sure the bluetooth on the iPad is OFF

launch PDANet, tell it to start bluetooth tethering or whatever the option says

then launch iBluever on iPad and refresh the little area to see the BlackBerry, then tap the BlackBerry that it sees, in the number, add #777 then there are two other options later that are like wait for blackberry or something and something else...sorry..but you want them both checked :-)

then go back and it should connect
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 09-05-12 at 09:30 AM.
    09-05-12 09:28 AM
    I downloaded iBluever DEMO to try it out. Finally got the iPad to conect to my Bold. It shows the little "phone icon" on the iPad's upper right hand corner. However, when I tried to browse, it wouldn't load the web page. The Cydia app did show an ip address after it was connected.

Chat Script: Default NON GPRS
    RFCOMM port: automatic
    Wait for SDP: on

One phone, DUN is unchecked

Any advice?

iPad needs to be jailbroken
    iBluever on iPad, download from Cydia
    PDANet on phone

make sure the bluetooth on the iPad is OFF

launch PDANet, tell it to start bluetooth tethering or whatever the option says

then launch iBluever on iPad and refresh the little area to see the BlackBerry, then tap the BlackBerry that it sees, in the number, add #777 then there are two other options later that are like wait for blackberry or something and something else...sorry..but you want them both checked :-)

then go back and it should connect
    09-05-12 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD