Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation How to remove annoying 'dan infotech' icon on screen

I have just recently got the Bold 9900 and today an icon appeared of the screen. It look like a 'D' in a silver bubble and is from 'Dan Infotech' I also received an email from the same person promoting an app with a link to download it that I do not want but it seems the only way to get rid of the icon on the screen would be to buy the app?!
    If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. It's so frustrating not being able to remove it!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: How to remove annoying 'dan infotech' icon on screen

You may have to delete an application or make a paid purchase of a free or trial application for the nagging to cease.
    Have you downloaded any one of the vendor's 55 free or trial applications listed here?
    DAN INFO TECH - BlackBerry App World
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Or highlight it, press menu HIDE.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,075 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I noticed this to be a new trend - app developers pushing these annoying messages to my devices asking to download their other products, etc. They don't come through as email addresses, so are they actually getting your PIN when you download and install one of their apps? If so, I am not too crazy about that idea (although I guess that's true, I know BeWeather issues a license key based on your PIN and it won't work on another device, however they do not push annoying messages to your phone).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Quote Originally Posted by andy957 View Post
    I noticed this to be a new trend - app developers pushing these annoying messages to my devices asking to download their other products, etc. They don't come through as email addresses, so are they actually getting your PIN when you download and install one of their apps? If so, I am not too crazy about that idea (although I guess that's true, I know BeWeather issues a license key based on your PIN and it won't work on another device, however they do not push annoying messages to your phone).
    I know all apps purchased are associated with the device pin it was purchased on. If you setup BB ID most apps will port over when you switch devices. The only other reason something like this happens is if you have dowloaded other free apps from the maker of the annoying messages. Often they will hide auto mailers inside the free apps. Jaredco is notorious for doing this. The only way to remove it may be doing a security wipe and restoring to a previous backup you hopefully have from a time before the obnoxious messages appeared. You can also search your files and try to locate the culprit, which usually isn't easy and time consuming. Best of luck! Keep us posted.
    CrackBerry Genius

Another one is PACE MOBITECH
    I get these annoying popups every day (they also show up in new messages and clutter the inbox), now im not only deleting the apps but also going to shoot an email to them as soon as i find the support email, since its not provided on the Appworld product page (For any of their million products).

A list of such apps/developers should be put up to warn all members about it and possibly blacklist them in a way.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    PIN
    Church of the SubGenius

Does anyone have an email address for PACE MobiTech? Cuz I'd love to add them to my email filter
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RazrRob View Post
    Does anyone have an email address for PACE MobiTech? Cuz I'd love to add them to my email filter
    If you search AppWorld for them you will get a list of their applications.
    Search Results for "PACE MOBITECH" - BlackBerry App World
    Click on any one of them and their support email is listed.
    support@pacemobi.com

If it's not coming from that address, try emailing them about your issue to that address.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've resolve this problem deleting the app associated to dan info tech. In my case was caller led and i was free...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Even paid Caller LED still get notification

I bought the Caller LED app and it also gave me that annoying Dan Infotech message notification. I don't even have an email setup on my phone yet but it still found its way in my message box. What sucked was that even after deleting the message, the notification icon still wouldn't go away. Removed the battery twice and nothing, As a matter a fact, each time the phone rebooted after removing the battery, the message would re-appear in my message box as unread! As if it was never read or even deleted in the first place! (even though I deleted it before removing the battery). So I went ahead and just deleted the Caller LED app (that I paid for!) and that stupid Dan Infotech notification finally disappeared after my phone restarted. What a crock of **** So everybody stay away from apps that have the name Dan Infotech associated to it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Heyy, why don't you try by checking out all the apps available from infotech? once you identify them..just delete them. have this web address Aplicaciones de Dan Info Tech
    i hope it can help on this matter
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

Dan Infotech is THE WORST spammer developer for BlackBerry. I had Sticky Notes and Caller LED installed which where compliments of BlackBerry during a promo for my country a while back. All was quiet for a long time and then within the last month, I get spammed EVERY DAY by these crooks. I went on a delete spree and deleted everything from this vendor.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=CA

Be warned and delete everything by this loser. Motek Americas is another one to watch out for (at least all free apps). They at least don't spam you once you use non-free versions of their apps.

Lesson learned, stay well away from FREE APPS unless you like spam and hassles.
    CrackBerry Newbie

My adviced don't download/buy any of the DAN IT fonts led aka "Dan Infotech"

i paid for the Cache cleaner advanced and even like that i was receiving spam messages.. these people don't care if you buy or not.. they want more money spamming your device... remove any Dan apps or any apps from company like appsforbb.com and you will be OK.