Maybe I'm the only one but I would like to get a pop up reminder to pay my MasterCard bill every month on the 11th day.

I tried setting it up going into:
    - calander
    - new task
    - recurrence > monthly
    - every > 1
    - save

This works for the first month as I can confirm this in the calander as there is a checkbox in the lower right corner of the date but when I go to the next month the checkbox is not there.

Would like to set this up so it I only have to enter 1 entry manually and the rest is up automatically since it's the 11th of every month in my case.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hope this makes sense to you and thanks,
    03-11-12 11:34 AM
    Instead of "New Task", try setting it as New Alarm or New Reminder.
    See if that works.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 03-11-12 at 11:58 AM.
    03-11-12 11:56 AM
    Tried new appointment and it works perfectly as it allows me to select the 11th day of the monthly and automatically sets it for ever other month.

Only thing is that I thought I would be able to set this as a task as it is more suited to be rather than an appointment.

Thanks for the reply, any other hints/tips?
    03-11-12 12:12 PM
    Just entered an alarm for the 11th but there is no icon visible in the calander! Subsequent months do not display any icons for the 11th either.

Seems to only display automated icons for appointments. Maybe it's just me?!?!

Shouldn't the calander display all icons for appointments/alarms and tasks?
    03-11-12 12:15 PM
    In Calendar Options do you have show tasks and alarms checked off? Also I usually just add an item in the subject then choose the occurrence. It shows up properly for each dates automatically for me. I never had an issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 12:55 PM
    I use Digital Bill Tracker keeps track of what bills are due, if I have paid, the balance, and gives a popup, note or places a reminder in your appt.
    03-11-12 03:01 PM
    A recurring task won't show up in the next calendar occurrence (day, week, month, or year) until the current occurrence is marked "completed." So let's say the 11th rolls around, and the task reminder shows up. Mark the task "completed," and a recurring one will show up in the 11th day of the next month.
    Last edited by T�nis; 03-11-12 at 03:17 PM.
    03-11-12 03:13 PM
    +1
    You need to 'complete' the task to get it to reset based on the recurring settings.
    03-12-12 01:25 AM
    You should use the app Digital Bill Tracker

Buy Digital Bill Tracker - Download Digital Bill Tracker - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I love it! I have all my bills setup with the amount due and it reminds me every month.

I can also mark them as paid or unpaid.

To me this is the best bill app for blackberry so far. Its worth the $3

I dont use PageOnce because I didnt want to put all my personal info into an app. I just wanted and easy reminder.
    03-12-12 09:12 AM
    I'm a long time PageOnce user and yes you have to put account info in there but I've never had any issues with it. If that doesn't bother you then I highly recommend it.
    Here's the link:

Check out Pageonce - Money and Bills! You can find it at Free Pageonce - Money and Bills - Download Pageonce - Money and Bills - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-12-12 11:21 AM
    Pageonce user here for bills and a couple things in tasks to remind me when to pay my rent and such. You do have to complete the tasks before they will show up in the next month.
    03-12-12 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD