well I had my first ever battery "glitch" overnight today, I had the 9900 on the dock charger by the bed and the battery stopped charging at about 85%. I just lifted it and re-incerted it and it went right to 100% after that.
    I had them same thing - started after a couple weeks of full overnight charging. While I really like the charging base, I stopped using it when it became unreliable.
    02-07-16 02:35 PM
    While I really like the charging base, I stopped using it when it became unreliable.
    i would HOPE it is not the charging dock itself, because I had that issue with the 9780 and using the USB to charge it.

im thinking it must be the battery shut off circut that prevents overcharging when it is full. But I will know for sure when I use the Factory JM1 BB brand battery again in a day or so

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-07-16 03:40 PM
    But I also use a Classic.
    Classics have a non-removable battery? I dont know much about them yet my bad

02-07-16 03:42 PM
    Yep, everything BB has intro'd in recent years is Apple style non-swappable fixed battery stupidity, IMO. Probably driven by attorneys & bean counters, IMO. My Classic's fixed batt is a pita almost daily. Since it can't be swapped when drained, its battery MUST be oversized to be useful for a heavy use day. That makes the Classic heavy and oversized.

Oversized as it is, a hard day of low signal use too often has me wall hugging before day's end. I carry external batt pack for my Classic but have found it more productive to simply carry a spare 9900. .

Our 9900's compact & light form factor is largely due to its small battery. Sized for a light use day. Heavily used 99s are expected to need batt swaps throughout a heavy day. It was designed that way as compromise for compactness. The price we pay for compactness. If anticipating a tough day, we have the option to swap in a 5000mah monster battery for that day. Expecting a light day? Swap in a JM1. Versatility is part of the 9900's charm.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    02-08-16 12:13 AM
    have found it more productive to simply carry a spare 9900. .

Sized for a light use day. Heavily used 99s are expected to need batt swaps throughout a heavy day.)
    today I burned through a battery in about 5-6 hours of straight use. I had a tweed practically go viral (if that term can be used for other than Youtube) and some intense debating along with it! I for one was pretty glad I had the practicality and flexibility to swap that sucker out, even the 2 minute wait for boot up time was excruciating

02-08-16 09:31 PM
    Anker makes awesome external power banks!!!

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    02-08-16 10:55 PM
    today I burned through a battery in about 5-6 hours of straight use. I had a tweed practically go viral (if that term can be used for other than Youtube) and some intense debating along with it! I for one was pretty glad I had the practicality and flexibility to swap that sucker out, even the 2 minute wait for boot up time was excruciating

BTDT! Lol. Once swapped you were ready for another 5-6hrs with OEM form factor! No wires or appendages! of course an external battpack might power thru an immediate crisis uninterrupted & batt swapped later at more convenient time. Options are ALLways good!
    David Tyler and TheAuthority like this.
    02-08-16 11:24 PM
    BTDT! Lol. Once swapped you were ready for another 5-6hrs with OEM form factor! No wires or appendages! of course an external battpack might power thru an immediate crisis uninterrupted & batt swapped later at more convenient time. Options are ALLways good!
    my new JM1 came in from Amazon today, from Sweeden, and it is Japanese made with a date of 2015 so I know it will be good, also came in a black felt "tie bag" for some reason, but it's all good

02-10-16 03:36 PM
    my new JM1 came in from Amazon today, from Sweeden, and it is Japanese made with a date of 2015 so I know it will be good, also came in a black felt "tie bag" for some reason, but it's all good

Felt tie bag (anyone remember Chiclets bags? Lol) likely helps protect battery in your pocket. Some of ours are pretty gnarled up from sharing pocket space with keys, pocket knife, loose change, etc. We've had zero troubles with bare batts in pockets and the recessed contacts are somewhat shielded. But, it's theoretically possible for keys or something to short out the battery. No one in my office has ever heard of short happening with JM1s but the little "chiclet bag" sounds like a good idea, IMO.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    02-10-16 04:49 PM
    Felt tie bag (anyone remember Chiclets bags? Lol) likely helps protect battery in your pocket. .
    you know, that makes sense!!! I couldnt figure out why the battery came with what looks like a bag made of cleaning cloth I might use on my ipad screen

02-10-16 05:53 PM
    90% of the time it's easier to just carry a battery bank, especially if you have a case on

i have 3 spare batteries but never use them for this reason
    02-10-16 07:21 PM
    90% of the time it's easier to just carry a battery bank, especially if you have a case on

i have 3 spare batteries but never use them for this reason
    na I like my 9900 naked, no case, the factory rubber grip on the 9900 is the smartest thing ever on a cell phone. I wish others would do that.

02-10-16 09:46 PM
    +1 for naked. Cases interfere with desktop & car cradles. 9900s are pretty durable and OEM form factor is too perfect. Its side positioned usb port isn't as friendly to adding protrusions or cables as Classic's bottom position usb, tho. IMO. Some folks don't mind wires, witness millions of Apple wall huggers, but I personally just don't like the distraction of wires. Try unrolling, sorting & tracing E sized prints while troubleshooting over a phone that's tied to wires, as one example. Wires are a step back to stone age wired land lines, IMO.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    02-11-16 12:28 PM
    Two spare batteries JM1s and 10k Ankey for the Priv and/or Classic

BlackBerry PRIV and 9900 w/Classic backup
    02-11-16 12:53 PM
    +1 for naked. Cases interfere with desktop & car cradles. 9900s are pretty durable and OEM form factor is too perfect..
    haha yup thats just it! I like my dock charger I ordered and got a month ago too much.

02-11-16 04:03 PM
    na I like my 9900 naked, no case, the factory rubber grip on the 9900 is the smartest thing ever on a cell phone. I wish others would do that.
    i have big hands and find the phone uncomfortable to use without a case

never had any reception issues...using an Incipio Predator case for several years now...phenomenal case i've dropped my phone on concrete more times than i can count, even screen-down
    02-14-16 08:19 PM
    I wonder how much in Amazon

02-14-16 10:46 PM
    Update: the $10 "high capacity" battery I bought is complete crud. It now is "fullycharged" at the 75% and if I want it fully charged I have to re-incert it into the pod charger. It started out good, but this is a lesson to stick with Blackberry brand original equiptment.

03-10-16 11:13 AM
    I'm using 2x batteries per day.

Using 1x would almost last the entire day, but to be on the safe side I put in a fresh one so around mid day.

I'm trying to use the USB charging port as little as possible. While those little contact pins are supposed to last many connect and disconnect cycles, charging in the car via USB cigarette lighter port is a whole other story.

The motion of the vehicle makes the USB outer guide eventually wear out slightly and so the USB adapter starts making gentle motions in the port with vehicle movement. THOSE repeated small motions WILL wear out the contacts.

Bottom line: try not to charge your phone in your car on a regular daily basis.

As a result I have an external battery charger (OEM Blackberry), that I can connect to the cigarette lighter to USB adaptor.

That is the combination that charges my spare battery.
    03-20-16 12:02 PM
    I'm using 2x batteries per day.

Using 1x would almost last the entire day, but to be on the safe side I put in a fresh one so around mid day.

I'm trying to use the USB charging port as little as possible. While those little contact pins are supposed to last many connect and disconnect cycles, charging in the car via USB cigarette lighter port is a whole other story.

The motion of the vehicle makes the USB outer guide eventually wear out slightly and so the USB adapter starts making gentle motions in the port with vehicle movement. THOSE repeated small motions WILL wear out the contacts.

Bottom line: try not to charge your phone in your car on a regular daily basis.

As a result I have an external battery charger (OEM Blackberry), that I can connect to the cigarette lighter to USB adaptor.

That is the combination that charges my spare battery.
    sounds like you might appreciate the charging POD like I ordered from Amazon.

This might sound crazy, but I actually wish the battery would die about 2 hours sooner, because when it is near dead at 8pm everyday, that is my busy time when I am expecting texts from friends or important phone calls, and the boot up time can be as much as 10 minutes since I put Whatsapp back on the 9900 I always like to fully cycle my batteries down to about 10% before I start charging them again.

03-20-16 02:27 PM
    sounds like you might appreciate the charging POD like I ordered from Amazon.
    Yes, indeed I used to charge it in the desk charging pod, but it seems like there is some issue with the desktop charging contacts of my 9900.

Worse thing I'm not sure if it is to my own fault as I think I might not put things back together properly after changing the keyboard.

Anyhow, now I'm using the external charger for the batteries which comes with the burden and benefits of at least one battery pull per day.
    03-20-16 02:51 PM
    Yes, indeed I used to charge it in the desk charging pod, but it seems like there is some issue with the desktop charging contacts of my 9900.

Worse thing I'm not sure if it is to my own fault as I think I might not put things back together properly after changing the keyboard.

Anyhow, now I'm using the external charger for the batteries which comes with the burden and benefits of at least one battery pull per day.
    I found with cheaper batteries or no name batteries the pod does not fully charge it, but I have no problem with BB brand batteries.

you know how to reboot without constantly taking the battery door off right?

03-20-16 02:56 PM
    Yes, thanks; "ctrl+alt+del".

pod charging issues started also with no full recharge. I cleaned the contacts, at the end even with a slightly abrasive method, but no impovement. Battery would not charge to full any more and stopped charging halfway or sometimes even less. So after month and month of trying different things, I finally gave up on pod charging. I'll check the contacts next time I change the keyboard. I have the feeling the culprit is in there somewhere.
    03-20-16 03:08 PM
    Yes, thanks; "ctrl+alt+del".

pod charging issues started also with no full recharge. I cleaned the contacts, at the end even with a slightly abrasive method, but no impovement. Battery would not charge to full any more and stopped charging halfway or sometimes even less. So after month and month of trying different things, I finally gave up on pod charging. I'll check the contacts next time I change the keyboard. I have the feeling the culprit is in there somewhere.
    I just bought this pod charger so I am obligated to use it as much as possible

One thing that you might like (I sure do) is to turn on your "EVENT SOUNDS" to ON under ACCESSABILITY and this allows you to hear a sound when your phone is properly set on the charger (or plugged in) and also a different sound when you remove the phone from the charger, as WELL AS a slight chirp when the 9900 is fully charged. It will also alert you when your battery is "red" and less than 10% or so.

03-20-16 06:36 PM
    Well, I'd hate to try to count 9900 batteries kept in easily reached spare battery chargers. Spare 9900 jm1 batt on charge at bedside, livingroom, bathroom, in each vehicle, two in my American Eagle, one in pickup camper and one in travel trailer. That's before I get to work!

At work, my office cubicle has multiple spare 9900 jm1 batts charging on desk and on shelf. As a courtesy for visiting coworkers as well as for my own use. Coworkers' cubicles are similarly equipped. Our break room table has dozens of spare 9900 jm1 batts in spare batt chargers.
    ...Looking at the collection here on the breakroom table...
    I'm curious as to what protocol you and your co-workers are following to ensure that the available spare batteries are actually charged and not partially charged or dead. I have four batteries for my Q10, and usually I'm pretty good with it, but there have been times when I've swapped in a spare only to find that it was a depleted one down to <20%. How often is that happening with your personal spares and the spares at work, and if it's not happening often or at all what protocols are you following to prevent it?
    03-20-16 06:51 PM
66 123