Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question How long shall I charge my Bluetooth headset for the first time?

My 9900 came bundled with a car charger and a Bluetooth Headset HS-300 as a gift.

I haven't ever used a Bluetooth device in the past, how long shall I charge it for the first time? On the site, it says rapid charging, 15 minutes of charging gives you 2 hours of talk time, this sounds a bit too good to be true LOL

Do you recommend any specific length of time for the first charge or just 15 mins?

Thanks

CrackBerry Abuser

Personally I would plug it in and leave it over night for the first charge

However, almost all new tech devices have Lithium batteries these days which have NO 'memory' that gets affected by short charging them or not draining them all the way like oldschool batteries used to do.

So, charge it over night of you can, but if not, don't stress about it too much
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
    Personally I would plug it in and leave it over night for the first charge

However, almost all new tech devices have Lithium batteries these days which have NO 'memory' that gets affected by short charging them or not draining them all the way like oldschool batteries used to do.

So, charge it over night of you can, but if not, don't stress about it too much
    Oh ok, so I guess this Rapid Charging comment means it also uses a Litium Ion Battery just like the BlackBerry

Thanks for the confirmation dude
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would assume so, because traditional NiMh batteries get damaged by quick-charging them all the time...(I believe)
    Banned

PIN
    24HELLO

Epic thread, great info. Loving it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com