today i just received my new 9900 on orange contract which is my fifth blackberry but my first on contract, im really eager to start using it but for some reason my sim card isnt registered and i cant register it online, i havent received a text from orange either. im just wondering how long it takes for it to start working and i cant use my bbm?
    12-29-11 09:02 AM
    Not sure about Orange but AT&T has it up and running before you get back in your car at the store.

I would give them a call as something sounds wrong!
    12-29-11 09:05 AM
    thanks ill try calling them now
    12-29-11 09:09 AM
    Is this your old sim or a new one? If it's an old one it might not work in that phone. If you haven't already called your service provider I suggest you do that.

I know that I was having some problems about 5 months ago with my 9700 and it turned out I had an old sim. T-Mobile replaced it and everything was fine.

I used my old one from the 9700 and as soon as I turned the phone on I received a registration message.
    12-29-11 09:09 AM
    EdS817 is right. You'd more than likely have to use a newer SIM. The pay-as-you-go type SIMs, typically can't be used on a contract device...
    12-29-11 09:34 AM
    You should be able to register the SIM with the phone in less than 5 min. In case of a network issue, you should get a message like "Activation failed due to network busy error" or something along that line. Some carriers are upgrading their activation servers all the time causing interruption to the activation service.

I would walk in to a store and get help because store customer reps usually have dedicated support lines.
    12-29-11 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD