hey guys am on .569 and want to try installing a hybrid os.. is there a step by step guide put up some where for newbies..
    08-14-12 11:52 PM
    hey guys am on .569 and want to try installing a hybrid os.. is there a step by step guide put up some where for newbies..
    hi kavita,

link to the best hybrid till date for the 9900 ; http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    08-15-12 12:07 AM
    hi kavita,

link to the best hybrid till date for the 9900 ; http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    hey maxx.. i have the file.. but lil confused on how do I go about it.. says drop the files in java folder.. is it like overwriting the existing files in java folder and then running the loader again?
    08-15-12 12:22 AM
    hey maxx.. i have the file.. but lil confused on how do I go about it.. says drop the files in java folder.. is it like overwriting the existing files in java folder and then running the loader again?
    Not very tough, i will try to explain step by step below:
    copy the RC2 on the computer> then install .569 os > remove the vendor file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files , On most 64-bit Windows machines, the BlackBerry OS files are installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

once vendor file is removed>restart computer> copy the rc2 file which you initially downloaded>paste it in the java files located in the shared folder, ,remember to paste it and it will prompt to replace files only replace all cod files there and you are good to go> then plug your device with DM and it will prompt an update and then you know the drill.
    08-15-12 12:31 AM
    Not very tough, i will try to explain step by step below:
    copy the RC2 on the computer> then install .569 os > remove the vendor file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files , On most 64-bit Windows machines, the BlackBerry OS files are installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

once vendor file is removed>restart computer> copy the rc2 file which you initially downloaded>paste it in the java files located in the shared folder, ,remember to paste it and it will prompt to replace files only replace all cod files there and you are good to go> then plug your device with DM and it will prompt an update and then you know the drill.

followed ur steps to the T, but DM is not prompting for an update.. used Vendelete+ to remove the vendor files... do I run it using loader.exe?
    08-15-12 01:22 AM
    followed ur steps to the T, but DM is not prompting for an update.. used Vendelete+ to remove the vendor files... do I run it using loader.exe?
    Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit system ?
    If it is 64 bit there would be 2 vendor files.
    08-15-12 01:27 AM
    Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit system ?
    If it is 64 bit there would be 2 vendor files.
    have a 64 bit system .. deleted both the vendor files manually, somehow vendelete did not do the trick for me.. rebooted after deletion and plugged in to DM and still no joy
    08-15-12 01:40 AM
    have a 64 bit system .. deleted both the vendor files manually, somehow vendelete did not do the trick for me.. rebooted after deletion and plugged in to DM and still no joy
    i hope you installed a fresh OS and not used the one you had used it the last time round.
    when you connect to the DM and hit the update button there will be a button for other versions, do you get it ?
    If yes, then click on it and you will find the manual install there.
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-15-12 at 01:46 AM.
    08-15-12 01:43 AM
    yepp yepp.. uninstalled all the OS from the comp.. installled 569 once again ( did not download the file once again, just ran the set up).. ran vendelete+, then manually deleted vendor files from both the locations...
    08-15-12 01:46 AM
    yepp yepp.. uninstalled all the OS from the comp.. installled 569 once again ( did not download the file once again, just ran the set up).. ran vendelete+, then manually deleted vendor files from both the locations...
    i would suggest delete this OS and reinstall .569 from here :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...public-736549/

A fresh file is always what the hybrid builder suggests.
    08-15-12 01:53 AM
    i would suggest delete this OS and reinstall .569 from here :http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...public-736549/

A fresh file is always what the hybrid builder suggests.

awww.... will download once again and see if it works.. will holler for help if it does nt work
    08-15-12 01:57 AM
    awww.... will download once again and see if it works.. will holler for help if it does nt work
    It will work like a charm>>>>
    08-15-12 02:04 AM
    It will work like a charm>>>>
    maxx... my DM sure hates me no luck what so ever
    08-15-12 02:16 AM
    maxx... my DM sure hates me no luck what so ever
    does it prompt for other versions ?
    08-15-12 02:24 AM
    does it prompt for other versions ?
    no... looks like my comp and DM have something planned for today... may be I can get it shot on my work laptop tomorrow .. i will still try running loader.exe and see if that does the trick
    08-15-12 02:31 AM
    no... looks like my comp and DM have something planned for today... may be I can get it shot on my work laptop tomorrow .. i will still try running loader.exe and see if that does the trick
    Good Luck !
    08-15-12 02:33 AM

fyi..loader.exe did not work, now thats making me
    08-15-12 02:45 AM
    fyi..loader.exe did not work, now thats making me
    Try uninstalling the DM and reloading it....I am pretty sure this would work
    08-15-12 03:01 AM
    Try uninstalling the DM and reloading it....I am pretty sure this would work
    no .. have tried all the following steps
    1. Reinstalled DM - restarted laptop a couple of times to see if it works.. Nope
    2. Reinstalled 569 by fresh down load that does not work either...

DM sees no upgrade .. nada.. all out of options ???
    08-15-12 04:06 AM
    no .. have tried all the following steps
    1. Reinstalled DM - restarted laptop a couple of times to see if it works.. Nope
    2. Reinstalled 569 by fresh down load that does not work either...

DM sees no upgrade .. nada.. all out of options ???
    That should have worked, did u use ccleaner to erase all earlier OS ? I am pretty sure when you hit the upgarde button, a message will pop up saying " no updates available for this device", right below there will be an option saying "view other versions", click on it and you will find it.
    This is a hybrid hence it will not come as an update because you already have .569 on your system. Please don't forget to erase the vendor files before updating or the DM will not recognise the OS.
    Try the above and let's keep our fingers crossed !
    08-15-12 04:41 AM
    That should have worked, did u use ccleaner to erase all earlier OS ? I am pretty sure when you hit the upgarde button, a message will pop up saying " no updates available for this device", right below there will be an option saying "view other versions", click on it and you will find it.
    This is a hybrid hence it will not come as an update because you already have .569 on your system. Please don't forget to erase the vendor files before updating or the DM will not recognise the OS.
    Try the above and let's keep our fingers crossed !
    Hey. What shld it say under view other versions. Mine is showing .569 and says currently installed. So shld I run that once again ?
    08-15-12 05:24 AM
    Hey. What shld it say under view other versions. Mine is showing .569 and says currently installed. So shld I run that once again ?
    sorry just checked my DM again.. does not show .569 very very
    08-15-12 05:51 AM
    In other versions on the DM if it shows 7.1.0.569 then that is it, please install and when you view once installed in device versions you will get 7.1.0.580 then consider it done.
    kavita.m likes this.
    08-15-12 08:35 AM
    sorry just checked my DM again.. does not show .569 very very
    that's sad but in other versions if it shows .569 then you are good to go.
    08-15-12 08:37 AM
    In other versions on the DM if it shows 7.1.0.569 then that is it, please install and when you view once installed in device versions you will get 7.1.0.580 then consider it done.

hey finally got the hybrid installed.. redid the entire installation of DM & 569 that did the trick yay!!!!

thanks maxxxx.. u been wonderful
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-15-12 10:08 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD