How to identify Wind Bold 9900 compared to Rogers/Fido 9900?
Hello everybody, my gf is switching over to Wind and we are going to look at a Blackberry Bold 9900 that the person claims is from Wind mobile.
How could I verify that it is from Wind and that it will work with Wind? is there something within the phone status/menu/about page that I could check? I believe most of the stores are closed at this time so I wouldn't be able to get it verified from them.
- 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM #6
On that page you can see the Vendor ID number and check if the device has the correct number for a Wind device.
I believe the code for Wind devices is #370, but it could have changed. I don't think so, but not totally/positively/exactly sure.
For me on T-Mobile USA, the Vendor ID is #100. A T-Mobile device.
Update: I just searched the forums and found this thread.
Maybe you can perform some additional searches for more answers as well.
There's tons of information out there if you look.
HTHMY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM #7MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
Thanks for all the replies.
So I did what everybody recommended.
Has bands 1,4,8
Vendor ID = Wind = #370
I totally forgot about the 'reboot' process, that shows you the carrier logo when the phone is booting up...this one shows WIND.
Works with WIND fine.
But I do have one question, my bold 9900 on Rogers showed H+ on the connection part, this WIND 9900 only shows 3G.
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus shows H+ on the connection.
Any ideas why that is?
- 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM #15
- 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM #16
I have 2 from Bell and one from Telus in hand, since about 18 months now...none of which ever had a splash screen, or were locked to their respective networks. That being said, booting up to see which carrier the phone originated from is an UNRELIABLE method...Z10
Steve - Besadmin
- 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM #17
- By financeguy in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 7Last Post: 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
- By bberrypro in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
- By leewongfei in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
- By Smudgie in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 26Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:19 AM
- By johnpalley in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 9Last Post: 01-11-2009, 04:43 AM