Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shifty88
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    PIN
    BALL. Fancy a game?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up How I solved my horrible YouTube quality.

So when I upgraded to .342 I wanted to do a bit of streamlining on my 9900 and got rid of the YouTube app and such. Then .342 really wasn't working for me and I downgraded to my favourite, .267. Since I hadn't has time for YouTube. So this morning I woke up early and couldn't be bothered to go and get my iPad or wake my girlfriend so I decided to watch some of my subscriptions on my 9900. Horrible quality! Like I was watching on 3G. Nothing solved it, even turning off my mobile network. So to cut an already lengthy story short I Loaded the YouTube app again and crystal clear video! A tip to any of you with poor YT quality out there.
    7200>8800>9000>8520>9000>9800>9900. If something's broken, a battery pull can usually fix it...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    I don't use BBM

Thanks a lot, but i am having another issue which i just posted a thread
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey i deleted my youtube app for my 9300 but i want it back how do i reinstall it?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

The quality of Youtube videos varies on your network.

When Im connected to wifi, I get HD quality videos. Crystal clear.

On 3G its just okay.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Confused??

What was the tip in that whole story turning off the app and going back on doesn"t do **** ???
    CrackBerry Master

The app doesn't do anything for me but launch the mobile site. Pretty sure that's all it's good for.

I just stopped using youtube.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.1052 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,016 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

YouTube apparently dropped the "Optimization feature" and they try to "auto optimize" for your internet speed, hasn't been working too well, I can watch full 1080p HD videos via the PlayBook and on my 9900 over the same WiFi network I get the terrible 240p stream, pretty sure my internet connection is capable of playing it in the 480p quality YouTube.
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
    CrackBerry Master

I'm getting fed up with Google constantly "fixing" things that aren't broken to begin with.
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.