Hi there,

As I am living in rural area with very weak signal, I am very concern on how good this phone is to keep strong signal.
    I am looking for this one or th 9360 or 9890...
    02-22-12 03:09 AM
    Unfortunately it's impossible to tell you how well a given phone will work in your environment. In rural areas, there is often a regional or local carrier that may have a stronger signal than the national carriers. The high school my children attended was in a Verizon no-service hole, but the local carrier (Corr Wireless) had an excellent signal there. Check with your friends to see what carrier (first) and then phone they are using. If the carrier/device combo works well for them in the same areas you will be using yours, then it will most likely work well for you. It is most important to get the carrier with the best local signal, then buy a phone from that carrier. Don't buy a phone for its features, only to discover you have no service.
    02-22-12 08:29 PM
    The 9930 (Verizon) should be slightly better than the 9900 (AT&T) version in terms of coverage since Verizon's 3G networks has a larger reach envelope... but depending on where you live it is hit or miss.
    02-22-12 08:31 PM
    Unfortunately it's impossible to tell you how well a given phone will work in your environment. In rural areas, there is often a regional or local carrier that may have a stronger signal than the national carriers. The high school my children attended was in a Verizon no-service hole, but the local carrier (Corr Wireless) had an excellent signal there. Check with your friends to see what carrier (first) and then phone they are using. If the carrier/device combo works well for them in the same areas you will be using yours, then it will most likely work well for you. It is most important to get the carrier with the best local signal, then buy a phone from that carrier. Don't buy a phone for its features, only to discover you have no service.
    Carrier is not the problem as I already know the only one that work. But there are so few phones able to pick up a signal...I have kept my 7290 because of that. But it is time to change for me.
    And also I bought a playbook recently.
    02-22-12 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD