I'm on a BB data plan with ATT right now and am using a Sprint 9930 Bold for the time being until an ATT branded one comes out. I'm having no problem with BIS. Now of course I'm not getting the ATT service books on the phone. But my MMS isn't working. Is MMS a carrier service book as well? Or is there a way to make this work? MMS isn't that big a deal but it's a pain to keep telling people to just email me whatever it is they're sending me.

Any solution to the MMS problem?

Problem Solved

Got my MMS working by going through the steps of this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-107154/

I used method #1
    I'd also like to point out that this would probably work for another carrier such as T-Mobile or other GSM carriers. Except, it would
    be a matter of finding the service books .ipd for the correct carrier.

Edit: Here is the thread to find the T-Mobile service books. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...evised-100324/

All credit for this goes to forum member pltaylor
    Last edited by FigureThisOut; 08-29-11 at 05:36 PM.
    bbhybridchris and dalus87 like this.
    08-29-11 09:46 AM
    Have you inputted AT&T's apn settings into the device? Have you tried registering the host routing table?
    08-29-11 10:15 AM
    I have registered the routing table. Where can I input the APN settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 10:50 AM
    How do you do all that?? What are the AT&T carrier apn settings?

08-29-11 10:50 AM
    To get to APN settings I go to Options-Advanced sysstem setting-TCP IP...
    I believe it's wap.cingular.com but I don't know the password....

08-29-11 10:54 AM
    APN is wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Changed the APN settings, registered the routing table, and sent service books. Still
    no MMS working.
    08-29-11 12:19 PM
    MMS never worked for unlocked Storms on ATT either. To my knowledge, nothing ever got MMS working.

If your browser and BIS work flawlessly, consider yourself lucky. That's a big step for unlocked BB's on ATT.

I had no issues with my Storm 2 then all of a sudden my BIS Internet service book disappeared and I could only use 3rd party browsers away from Wifi. Now every App I use that isn't routed through BIS breaks my data while it is running. So when I browse Opera, I have to send it to background and wait for my BIS connection to re-establish just to get email and BBM. What a pain...

So, it could be worse.

Oh, you can use your email and just use a phone number as the contact and it will work like MMS. I've used this as a MMS workaround a few times. I have no idea if the recipient will incur any charges, but you will not. In return, they must send their MMS to your email address if they do not have a phone with email. (Wait, I think you cannot send attachments from your email to a phone number. Only text. But I know for a fact someone can send an MMS to your email address and you will get pictures.)

Last edited by Blacklac; 08-29-11 at 03:01 PM.
    08-29-11 02:58 PM
    Problem Solved

Got my MMS working by going through the steps of this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-107154/

I used method #1
    Last edited by FigureThisOut; 08-29-11 at 03:14 PM.
    08-29-11 03:02 PM
    I was going to post that... MMS worked on my Storm, flawlessly.

Sending the service books wouldn't work. You need to put them on manually.
    08-29-11 03:09 PM
    I was going to post that... MMS worked on my Storm, flawlessly.

Sending the service books wouldn't work. You need to put them on manually.
    Yup. And after manually putting them on, just send service books again for
    good measure. Now if only doing this could magically turn the radio into working
    with ATT 3G bands
    08-29-11 03:11 PM
    Oh, then ignore my first comment.

So the next possible obstacle is the service book getting removed after a reboot. If it doesn't, congrats.

08-29-11 03:13 PM

So the next possible obstacle is the service book getting removed after a reboot. If it doesn't, congrats.

You read my mind. Just rebooted and sent another MMS. Works fine.
    08-29-11 03:16 PM
    Yup. And after manually putting them on, just send service books again for
    good measure. Now if only doing this could magically turn the radio into working
    with ATT 3G bands
    Tell me about it! I may shell out $700 to get the Rogers 9900 over here. I can't do it. The last time I used a non-3G device on AT&T was with Verizon's Storm. Never again! Lol.

They don't disappear after a reboot. I think the only way they can be is with a device wipe. So he's good to go, minus the 3G part
    08-29-11 03:18 PM
    Are you getting 3g or edge?
    08-29-11 03:26 PM
    Are you getting 3g or edge?
    Only EDGE. Thankfully I have WiFi at Home and Work.
    08-29-11 03:37 PM
    You are prob better off just getting a Rogers.
    08-29-11 03:47 PM
    Only EDGE. Thankfully I have WiFi at Home and Work.
    I have an Overdrive, but that's only with me when I have my gym bag.
    08-29-11 04:02 PM
    You are prob better off just getting a Rogers.
    I really would. But I don't wanna spend all that $$$$
    08-29-11 04:20 PM
    I really would. But I don't wanna spend all that $$$$
    That's exactly the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Look like the i4 will have to go on the auction block.
    08-29-11 04:21 PM
    That's exactly the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Look like the i4 will have to go on the auction block.
    That's what I wanna do, too. But I know that I'm going to want the five. So I
    might as well sell it for that. I know myself too well lol
    08-29-11 04:38 PM
    I'm in the same exact position. Purchased a 9930 from Verizon, unlocked it, had it put on ATT and everything worked(no 3G just EDGE) but no MMS.

I've spent hours on the phone with ATT tech support and searching google. This
    procedure in the thread here worked for me as well. This should be made a sticky by a mod, as it's the solution to the issue!

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread and finding the solution!
    I was about to sell the 9930 and keep my iPhone 4.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-29-11 04:45 PM
    I'm in the same exact position. Purchased a 9930 from Verizon, unlocked it, had it put on ATT and everything worked(no 3G just EDGE) but no MMS.

procedure in the thread here worked for me as well. This should be made a sticky by a mod, as it's the solution to the issue!

It's funny, their support should learn from CrackBerry users
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-29-11 04:55 PM

Stickied
    08-29-11 04:55 PM
    It's funny, their support should learn from CrackBerry users
    If the device isn't supported by AT&T, they are lost! Why? Because they go into "Device Tutorials" and have no info on it. Ha.
    08-29-11 04:56 PM
    If the device isn't supported by AT&T, they are lost! Why? Because they go into "Device Tutorials" and have no info on it. Ha.
    Yeah, they were using the Torch 9810 for reference, because it has the same OS as the 9900/9930. Although it didn't do me any good. Thank god for crackberry and the interwebz!
    08-29-11 05:01 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD