Hello everyone,
    this post is for anyone who is experiencing issues with their gmail account during the set up email process (for BIS). It's not enough to just turn off the 2-step verification process sometimes, so if you've already done that and you are still having issues the link below will help as it provides a link to verify the address, it has all the steps too as its from the official blackberry website so its all safe.
    I had to use this process to get my gmail accounts working but they have been working ever since.
    This process is needed for all legacy devices (OS5,6,7,7.1).

I hope this helps everyone in need of setting up their gmail accounts.

Unable to integrate Gmail accounts to a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Avenzuno and treely like this.
    06-11-16 01:52 PM
    Nice!Thank you very much

06-11-16 01:56 PM
    Nice!Thank you very much

Happy to help fellow Bold users

06-11-16 04:16 PM
    I saved that link to my Bookmarks just in case, thanks buddy

06-11-16 04:20 PM
    I saved that link to my Bookmarks just in case, thanks buddy

Great, some people are ok with just adjusting the 2-step verification but mine wasn't, I hope this post stays visible in the forum for others experiencing Gmail issues. Am i the only one that comes to crackberry first for answers for the issues i have? haha

06-11-16 04:25 PM
    You may be able to get Google mail running without disabling 2-step verification by using an Application specific password
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    That worked for me when setting up my 9900 and is worth a try if you want to keep 2 step verification On with your Google account
    06-12-16 01:26 AM
    You may be able to get Google mail running without disabling 2-step verification by using an Application specific password
    That worked for me when setting up my 9900 and is worth a try if you want to keep 2 step verification On with your Google account
    Yes, thats what i tried first but it didn't work, maybe for some people it wont work and for some people it will, i wasn't bothered about the 2-step verification so the method blackberry sent me was helpful and set up my account.

06-12-16 03:18 AM
    This worked for me to sync my Gmail except my contacts and calendar dont sync..
    06-13-16 07:49 AM
    My g-calendar works fine but I must admit that g-contacts have always been flakey on my 9900; I use OneMediaHub and a cloud server (memotoo.com) to sync my contacts.
    As documented elsewhere in these forums you only sync your primary g-calendar with the 9900, multiple g-calendars do not work.
    06-13-16 03:32 PM
    My g-calendar works fine but I must admit that g-contacts have always been flakey on my 9900; I use OneMediaHub and a cloud server (memotoo.com) to sync my contacts.
    As documented elsewhere in these forums you only sync your primary g-calendar with the 9900, multiple g-calendars do not work.
    thanks, sadly onemediahub is not an option for me because my desktop is a mac and i dont want to install boot camp just for this purpose. also yeah i know theres no multiple calendar support sadly..

guess im screwed, i even installed an app today to sync it but not even it works for (bgcalendar sync free)

sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-13-16 06:00 PM
    Don't give up just yet ....
    You might want to explore cloud server options. I'm a user of multiple Mac computers and use OneMediaHub with my 9900, the Mac syncs all my (many) calendars & contacts into the cloud (memotoo.com) and that in turn talks to OneMediaHub, and also in my case Google calendar/contacts.
    Memotoo has worked well for me but it does require a subscription (albeit relatively low cost). You can test it as a free option (with some limitations on numbers of contacts etc.) to see if it works for you and there are probably other cloud based servers out there that will allow you to achieve the same. You just need to find something that works well with the funambol OneMediahub app.
    I keep meaning to explore using a Mac as a server, it must be possible, but to be honest I'm happy to pay the small subscription to memotoo, and life's too short!
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 06-14-16 at 05:48 AM.
    06-14-16 02:15 AM
    Hello everyone,
    this post is for anyone who is experiencing issues with their gmail account during the set up email process (for BIS). It's not enough to just turn off the 2-step verification process sometimes, so if you've already done that and you are still having issues the link below will help as it provides a link to verify the address, it has all the steps too as its from the official blackberry website so its all safe.
    I had to use this process to get my gmail accounts working but they have been working ever since.

Thank you ColinsCity this worked like a charm.

See you in RM's 9900 Resurgence thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 10:58 PM
    Thank you! Very helpful! I was getting frustrated at not being able to sign in and this worked!!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 06:58 PM
    Hello everyone,

Do you enter that captcha link on the phone browser or on your computer

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-16-17 07:22 PM
    Thank you ColinsCity this worked like a charm.

See you in RM's 9900 Resurgence thread.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you i'm happy this worked for you.

04-18-17 05:06 PM
    Do you enter that captcha link on the phone browser or on your computer

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    You do everything in the phone's browser, make sure in the google page you are signed into the account you are trying to set up on the phone then click the link in the instructions and you will be able to follow the instructions and have the account completed and set up within one minute and the emails will arrive swiftly.

04-18-17 05:07 PM
    About a few weeks ago, my calendar sync with Google calendar stopped working. I tried everything to restore syncing without avail. Then I realized that was because I changed the password around that time, and remember something about "less secure" thing as described in this topic.
    In any case, after some struggling, I encountered a post somewhere where someone posted that he just deleted the gmail first, then added it again but not as the gmail but as "others", and it did it. I followed his advice, and viola, it worked. It did send Google instruction link o integrate it into BIS server and it was a simple matter of clicking it. Then it says congratulations, you are all set or something. I do not if this would work for everyone. But it apparently bypassed the Google server, hence no 2-step verification process.
    04-25-17 07:23 PM
    About a few weeks ago, my calendar sync with Google calendar stopped working. I tried everything to restore syncing without avail. Then I realized that was because I changed the password around that time, and remember something about "less secure" thing as described in this topic.
    In any case, after some struggling, I encountered a post somewhere where someone posted that he just deleted the gmail first, then added it again but not as the gmail but as "others", and it did it. I followed his advice, and viola, it worked. It did send Google instruction link o integrate it into BIS server and it was a simple matter of clicking it. Then it says congratulations, you are all set or something. I do not if this would work for everyone. But it apparently bypassed the Google server, hence no 2-step verification process.
    That's a great work around, i tried setting up my gmail account as an "other" in the e-mail set up but i encountered the same "your password is not correct" message, this was the only solution that worked for me, i think maybe it's different for everyone. It is always good to get new tips on how to access gmail on BBOS devices.

04-25-17 07:42 PM
    I really do not remember well, but I might have had to pull battery after deleting the gmail account, then after setting the gmail back on via "other" mail setup, I probably had pulled the battery again. I do not know whether it had any relevance to this method but just in case.....
    04-25-17 07:52 PM
    i tried all methods but i still can't have access to my gmail account on bb 9900
    03-08-18 09:55 PM
    i tried all methods but i still can't have access to my gmail account on bb 9900
    Have you checked to see if the 2 Step Verification is turned off in the gmail email settings?

03-09-18 11:46 AM
    yes, 2 step verification is turned off
    03-09-18 12:59 PM