Hi everyone.
    First let me observe that it is heartening to see some more recent activity in this forum!
    I have a Bold 9930, Sprint version, which I have been using for several years as a Wi-Fi device around home. OS v 7.1 Bundle 921.
    It is not connected to Sprint because Sprint does not offer pre-paid phone plans. Boost Mobile I recently was told is another Sprint-owned option but that's another story.
    That 9930 is backed up regularly using the BDS, Blackberry Desktop Software and the data cable. BDS is running on a late Asus G7 series laptop.
    By now I have accumulated probably hundreds of bookmarks on that 9930 device and need a way to export them so as to load them into a Nexus 7 tablet which of course runs Android. Why not retype the most major of those bookmarks? Using that tablet's virtual kb? Not in this lifetime.
    The BDS backups themselves on Win10 are showing as 419kb for the latest backup done. I did a recent backup of the bookmarks only which is 70kb.
    How can I export those bookmarks in some reasonably common format such as html or text?
    TIF everyone.
    02-01-17 09:50 PM
    I wish that were possible, and it should be. BBOS and BB10.
    02-01-17 11:34 PM
    TY BBW.
    So, get a BB10 device, use one of the BB applications to move the 9930's data, bookmarks included, over to the BB10 device. OK, then what? Is there a utility for example to install on that BB10 device which will export whatever the user selects, contacts, bookmarks, whatever, to some common format?
    02-02-17 09:54 AM
    The only other choice on that 9930 seems to be to open the Bookmarks file, then use the Options key | Send Link | Email ... for each of the hundred or more bookmarks.
    For me, with that phone hooked up to no carrier at present, make sure that that phone is configured for CDMA as it originally was as a Sprint branded phone, see if Boost Mobile will sell me a prepaid SIM card, then set at using resources in this forum to get that 9930 up and running on Boost Mobile with a usable email service.
    02-02-17 10:10 AM
    Best solution I found, was using a BB10 phone (yes, you can transfer BBOS to BB10), installing your preferred browser for PC (I chose Firefox), then painfully one by one opening a bookmark from native to android browser, and bookmarking there. Sucks, but not many options. You can use Evernote from either BlackBerry to make them available too, as an alternative plan.
    02-02-17 10:13 AM
    This link may help you:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2014/...-a-media-card/

If the app (Device Switch) is not on your phone, it should be in BBW under the name BlackBerry Content Transfer (this is why I was slow in response because I remembered it as Device Switch, which was the name it used to be and is the name now on BB10 and Priv). The app runs on OS7 but not lower OS. I am not sure if it will transfer your bookmark but the article says it does.
    So you can transfer from OS7 to OS10 and to Priv which is an Android phone. And I've no idea how you transfer between Androids but it should be possible.
    BBW on the Bold also has a few other apps for contents transfer. One is described as being able to transfer contents of your Bold to an Android phone. I've never try these of course, but you can always check the app review.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-03-17 07:51 AM
    This link may help you:

How to switch from a BlackBerry 7 device to BlackBerry 10 device using a media card | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

If the app (Device Switch) is not on your phone, it should be in BBW under the name BlackBerry Content Transfer (this is why I was slow in response because I remembered it as Device Switch, which was the name it used to be and is the name now on BB10 and Priv). The app runs on OS7 but not lower OS. I am not sure if it will transfer your bookmark but the article says it does.
    So you can transfer from OS7 to OS10 and to Priv which is an Android phone. And I've no idea how you transfer between Androids but it should be possible.
    BBW on the Bold also has a few other apps for contents transfer. One is described as being able to transfer contents of your Bold to an Android phone. I've never try these of course, but you can always check the app review.

Posted from my  Passport
    The content transfer works well, but browser bookmarks aren't included going to Android.
    02-03-17 08:00 AM