How does a carrier know my phone type?
I currently use the Verizon network. So I'm just curious , how do they know what type of phone I have? See I used to have a basic phone plan with a basic phone, but now I have a BB and they are trying to charge me a premium data plan, which I do not need. Now they are charging me more money. How did Verizon know I had a BB? Is there a way to block there visibility? Because this seems very intrusive on their part.
- 01-27-13, 10:51 PM #2
Re: How does a carrier know my phone type?
To be fair, while one could argue the ethics of charging you for services you don't use, it is tough to disagree with the service provider wanting to know what devices it's servicing, no?
- 01-27-13, 10:59 PM #4
Beat me to it Howarmat. And to the OP, there is no way of changing an IMEI on a device."To each his own"
Check out my shadowbox at: TogetherWeServed and join me at the largest exclusive military network of its type. PM me for an invite! Joining is free!
- By muddinking in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 07-03-09, 04:33 PM
- By Franberry in forum T-MobileReplies: 16Last Post: 06-23-09, 10:41 PM
- By organicchem in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 10Last Post: 06-02-09, 09:02 AM
- By flying spudman in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 10Last Post: 03-27-09, 04:37 PM
- By livingaboard in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 08-21-08, 07:44 AM