My old Bold 9700 automatically connects to GPS system on my car and will play music out of it using Bluetooth connection.

On my 9900, it automatically connects, but only the Bluetooth call features works. If I want to listen to my songs, I have to go in to the media player and click Blackberry button and choose "Activate Bluetooth" every single time. This is driving me crazy because it should be automatic like the 9700. But songs list don't show up until I go in there and activate it every single time.

Is there any solution for this so that every time I connect, it connect and work with music with no issues? Compared to OS5 and OS6 it seems like OS7 is going backwards if this cannot be done.
    09-16-11 07:45 AM
    My old Bold 9700 automatically connects to GPS system on my car and will play music out of it using Bluetooth connection.

On my 9900, it automatically connects, but only the Bluetooth call features works. If I want to listen to my songs, I have to go in to the media player and click Blackberry button and choose "Activate Bluetooth" every single time. This is driving me crazy because it should be automatic like the 9700. But songs list don't show up until I go in there and activate it every single time.

Is there any solution for this so that every time I connect, it connect and work with music with no issues? Compared to OS5 and OS6 it seems like OS7 is going backwards if this cannot be done.
    I just looked on my 9930 and went out to my car in the driveway and tried to do the same thing you did having the same setup it seems as you and I cannot find any settings either. I have a feeling they took that out of the OS for some reason but don't know why.
    mssca likes this.
    09-16-11 11:25 AM
    I just looked on my 9930 and went out to my car in the driveway and tried to do the same thing you did having the same setup it seems as you and I cannot find any settings either. I have a feeling they took that out of the OS for some reason but don't know why.
    There should be a way in Options or somewhere that I can auto connect BOTH the phone features AND the music player. Dam it RIM! Thanks for the reply.
    09-16-11 12:24 PM
    There should be a way in Options or somewhere that I can auto connect BOTH the phone features AND the music player. Dam it RIM! Thanks for the reply.
    The only other thing I tought of because I went to Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com and pulled up the specific 9900/9930 and downloaded the entire user manual under the Media heading that is nothing to indicate we can do this. I don't know what else to say or do beyond this point. Sorry.
    09-16-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD