I get 100 messages in a day.

50 emails from 3 different email accounts, 50 sms from 5-6 different people, amex notification etc(let's say). I can pretty much decide if I need to even unlock my phone and check depending on led notification (berry buzz). How do iphone users deal with this, check everytime?

Hopefully berrybuzz and shortcutme will be ready for action when 9900 is released! These are the bread/butter apps for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by data77; 05-29-11 at 02:23 PM.
    05-29-11 02:20 PM
    I jailbroke mine and there is a quick reply app that allows you to respond without having to unlock it
    05-29-11 02:22 PM
    I jailbroke mine and there is a quick reply app that allows you to respond without having to unlock it
    I guess you have to look at your phone whenever u get a buzz or a sound.

05-29-11 02:31 PM
    they have different ways of notifications. you can change the sounds for some and also the popups work too. also some people dont care about having different notifications. I always have my emails the same. An email is an email for me most times i will check it either way.
    05-29-11 02:34 PM
    Not that big of a deal for me. I depend on email a lot and all my emails make the same noise except two for when I got to know. The Blackberry does notifications so well it is hard to see what little the iPhone4 has. Apple says they are going to revamp it but I they do not do what needs to be done. They do not get it.
    05-29-11 03:46 PM
    This exact scenrio has been my hesitation to move to the iphone. (Lack of organizing your notifications) I own 3 different businesses and one gets as many as 500 emails per day that I just need to monitor to make sure things are ok with my websites (e-commerce orders).

Iphone basically pools emails into one spot and doesn't allow for custom notifications. I hear they are revamping this on OS 5.0 which could be announced next week (rumor).

I like the iphone and if they make some changes to the notification system to work for my business I will make a serious evaluation to a new platform..
    05-29-11 06:11 PM
    I agree with the ease of use on the BB! I have an iphone for work and it is hard to have to look at each email,sms or call to see who, what etc. Made my decision easy to stay with BB!
    05-29-11 06:15 PM
    Leaving my Bold 9000 for the iPhone 4 made me really miss the notification flashing indicator on my blackberry. It is annoying to have to constantly check to see if you have a message. Sure you can make it remind you by vibrating or making a sound every minute or two, but that just gets annoying.

I can't wait for the 9900 so i can leave the iPhone behind and be back with blackberry.

EDIT: Unless jailbroken, emails only make a single sound, and don't show any indication on the lock screen. You have to unlock the device to see if you have a new email - Very tired of this.
    Last edited by .Chris.; 05-29-11 at 08:27 PM.
    05-29-11 08:22 PM
    the op said it best-bread and butter. that is why im staying on with blackberry.if iphone can do that one day,then apple will get my serious consideration. but for now blackberry serves me best.i have an upgrade waiting for me this summer. i am just holly jolly that i will be getting a new phone after so long.whether it be the 9900 or 9810,i know ill be having myself a new phone that will be used for at least the next 2 years.
    05-29-11 10:28 PM
    I own a BB 9000 and an iPhone 4. For email & SMS there is no question that the BB is far superior.

Love the iPhone apps but my phone is primarily for business with about 150 emails per day. Can't live without the LED, hard keyboard, push etc.
    05-29-11 10:47 PM
    if your that busy with your businesses i don't know how you don't have two phones. I have the same amount of messges as you except way more text messages. 3 different businesses + 2-3 side businesses. Ive had two phones for awhile now. 1 for work + 1 for personal. BB 9780 for work + Iphone 4 for personal. Iphone's battery life is amazing compared to any droid, which is the main reason i picked it. and yes ive tried every droid. (one of my businesses is a verizon store.)
    05-29-11 10:52 PM
    if your that busy with your businesses i don't know how you don't have two phones. I have the same amount of messges as you except way more text messages. 3 different businesses + 2-3 side businesses. Ive had two phones for awhile now. 1 for work + 1 for personal. BB 9780 for work + Iphone 4 for personal. Iphone's battery life is amazing compared to any droid, which is the main reason i picked it. and yes ive tried every droid. (one of my businesses is a verizon store.)
    Can't see having two phones. Have no trouble keeping up with 60+ emails and about that many SMS in a single day with phone calls thrown in.

What do you use your personal phone for? Does that mean you leave your business phone else where when you are not working? That is not an option for me. Heck most by friends are from business and my company.

I tried running my company out of my iPhone 4 and quickly went back to my BB. I guess to each his own.
    05-30-11 06:40 AM
    I get 100 messages in a day.

50 emails from 3 different email accounts, 50 sms from 5-6 different people, amex notification etc(let's say). I can pretty much decide if I need to even unlock my phone and check depending on led notification (berry buzz). How do iphone users deal with this, check everytime?

Hopefully berrybuzz and shortcutme will be ready for action when 9900 is released! These are the bread/butter apps for me.

BeBuzz is amongst the first apps I load to every BB. I love being able to see the different LED notification without even having to move a muscle. If it's my husband or kids, I answer. Anyone else is optional.
    This is what I love about BB notifications and profiles, and no one else has them that detailed. Other platforms just don't have what I want.
    05-30-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD