Right I have done 2 updates before and my phone like resets my apps so i have to set them all up again..? :/
    Also My BBM Contacts go and i can not seem to get why ? plus when i do the update it says backing up settings and that so im confused lol

So im a noob to this site but im not a noob to forum sites

Thanks
    01-06-13 03:44 PM
    Hi, you do back up your phone on DM (on a PC or laptop) right? I back up my phone once or twice a week just to keep stuff safe. Also you can back up your contacts on BBM (options) I think too.
    01-06-13 06:51 PM
    Your bbm contacts are now backed up with your blackberry I'd acct now.

The apps you will always have to reset up. PITA if you ask me but whatever. Back up each apps settings in the options if you can. That way once you register it again you can just restore the settings.

Using the DM to update the OS it backs up your device first unless you skip that part - and then puts it back on the phone. I've never lost my contacts and all my emails go back on the phone too.
    01-06-13 08:51 PM
    I suggest using BlackBerry Protect. Fantastic tool to backup and restore contacts, emails, text messages, tasks, memos and other settings. For BBM as mentioned, the contacts are now tied to your BlackBerry ID, so all is well.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-06-13 09:47 PM
    Your contacts will always be less tight with each update.
    01-06-13 10:05 PM
    Thanks for your help guys
    01-07-13 02:07 AM
    I always delete DM and reload the latest before each update. My BBM contacts, settings and apps have always been correct after the updates, as well as email accounts. That being said, I always backup with DM, BB Protect and Verizon Backup Assistant.
    01-07-13 12:42 PM