- CrackBerry User
- 11 Posts
How do i update my phone and not loose my contacts ect...
Right I have done 2 updates before and my phone like resets my apps so i have to set them all up again..? :/
Also My BBM Contacts go and i can not seem to get why ? plus when i do the update it says backing up settings and that so im confused lol
So im a noob to this site but im not a noob to forum sites
- 01-06-2013, 08:51 PM #3
Your bbm contacts are now backed up with your blackberry I'd acct now.
The apps you will always have to reset up. PITA if you ask me but whatever. Back up each apps settings in the options if you can. That way once you register it again you can just restore the settings.
Using the DM to update the OS it backs up your device first unless you skip that part - and then puts it back on the phone. I've never lost my contacts and all my emails go back on the phone too.
- 01-06-2013, 09:47 PM #4
I suggest using BlackBerry Protect. Fantastic tool to backup and restore contacts, emails, text messages, tasks, memos and other settings. For BBM as mentioned, the contacts are now tied to your BlackBerry ID, so all is well.
- 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM #7
I always delete DM and reload the latest before each update. My BBM contacts, settings and apps have always been correct after the updates, as well as email accounts. That being said, I always backup with DM, BB Protect and Verizon Backup Assistant.There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
- By shura123 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
- By shura123 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
- By tomrey in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 16Last Post: 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
- By Aledra in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 17Last Post: 10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
- By hrensin in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 11Last Post: 07-20-2008, 02:32 AM