How does it remove the IT policy from the device? Does it remove like a security wipe?
    05-20-12 01:56 PM
    Go to BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife, click learn more and read through the list.

From memory, I believe factory reset removes the IT policy, but comsult the website.
    mce10014 likes this.
    05-20-12 02:02 PM
    Removing an IT Policy is fairly simple to do but will wipe your personal data from your phone. So you should do a full backup and a Sync before you start.

Read this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

I wrote it a long time ago but the information is still valid. It really does not matter if you use CrackUtil or BBSAk. They both use the same RIM program to do the wipe.

If you BlackBerry is the property of your company, think twice before you remove the IT Policy.
    mce10014 likes this.
    05-20-12 02:03 PM
    How does it remove the IT policy from the device? Does it remove like a security wipe?
    If you would just like to remove the IT policy, you can do it by resetting the phone to its factory settings using Desktop Software. But you have to back up your phone first and restore later.
    mce10014 likes this.
    05-20-12 05:07 PM
    I used desktop manager to reset to factory settings. Do a backup first!
    mce10014 likes this.
    05-20-12 05:20 PM
    When you restore the backup, doesn't it restore the IT policy as well?
    05-21-12 06:31 AM
    When you restore the backup, doesn't it restore the IT policy as well?
    No. An IT Policy isn't part of your personal data or settings, so once it's removed it won't return when you restore a previous backup.
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    05-21-12 06:55 AM
    The above is true but you must read my thread since a Blackberry with an exixting IT Policy can write the IT Policy to a file called policy.bin and this file must be located and deleted from your PC before you connect you cleaned-up BlackBerry back on to Desktop Manager.

I spent ages tracking down this file. I could not understand whay I had cleaned the IT Policy from my phone and it came back again when I conneced to DM.

It is a file to delete and a registry edit to remove.
    05-21-12 12:00 PM
    But if you got the policy fault from .402 software you have to wipe and install other one to get rid of it.
    05-21-12 12:55 PM
    I might have gotten the IT policy from .402 since I was on .402 for some time. When I downgraded to .391, it followed me there.

To remove the IT policy, I reset my phone to factory settings using desktop software. And the IT policy has been disabled since.

Regarding the contention that the IT policy will be loaded again when bb is connected to desktop software, I deliberately connected bb to desktop software to find out. I backed up my phone using desktop software.

After backing it up, I disconnected bb from the computer, checked IT policy, and IT policy remains "Disabled."
    05-21-12 01:27 PM
    But of course! Don't install the same OS, e.g. .402, where the IT policy came from ; otherwise, it will be loaded again. Find another OS to install besides .402. In my case, I downgraded to .391.
    05-21-12 01:31 PM
    But if you got the policy fault from .402 software you have to wipe and install other one to get rid of it.
    No, wiping your phone and installing another OS will not remove the .402 IT Policy. You have to install a different OS, and then perform a Factory Reset to remove it.
    05-21-12 02:01 PM
    Just wondering, will an IT policy from a BES completely override an IT policy from an OS?
    05-21-12 02:14 PM
    just download "crackutil", one click of a button and it wipes the IT Policy off
    05-21-12 02:46 PM
    No, wiping your phone and installing another OS will not remove the .402 IT Policy. You have to install a different OS, and then perform a Factory Reset to remove it.
    Yes thats right, I installed the .391 from Rogers and did factory reset trough Desktop Manager. I forgot to tell
    05-21-12 03:05 PM
    Just wondering, will an IT policy from a BES completely override an IT policy from an OS?
    Yes, absolutely. A BES controls your device and it's done though policies sent to your device right from the BES.
    05-21-12 04:21 PM
    You don't BBSAK to remove IT policy.
    Open dos/ command prompt and navigate to Apploader folder in Research In Motion..
    Type..
    Loader.exe /resettofactory

And press enter .... ofcourse you have to need DM installed.
    Warning* : this is equivalent to factory reset.
    05-22-12 12:41 AM
    Phill, just to clarify: I factory reset .402, installed .342, restored and still have an IT policy enabled. If I factory reset again, do I have to reinstall .342 or just restore again? If so, this should disable the IT policy, correct?
    06-03-12 12:10 PM
    Phill, just to clarify: I factory reset .402, installed .342, restored and still have an IT policy enabled. If I factory reset again, do I have to reinstall .342 or just restore again? If so, this should disable the IT policy, correct?
    The correct sequence would have been to:- install .342 > factory reset > restore

You won't need to reinstall .342 again, just factory reset and restore. This will definitely remove the IT Policy.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 06-03-12 at 07:13 PM.
    anon(2254645) likes this.
    06-03-12 12:24 PM
    Is it false that I read that the IT policy in the newer OS's is used for the new parental controls?
    06-03-12 01:04 PM
    just download "crackutil", one click of a button and it wipes the IT Policy off
    I just used crackutil to remove the IT policy from my Bold 9900 and i still see IT Policy Enabled on my BB.

If i remove the IT Policiy could I use BBM over Wifi?? Cause i guess it blocked from the carrier. Cause i can't used it over wifi and i'm guessing it is because the IT Policy of the OS is Enabled or Am I Wrong??

08-04-12 06:58 PM
    I have used BBSAK and JL_CMDER to wipe / reset to factory setting, and even loaded back a new OS. still the IT policy is still in place, i don't know what to do anymore.

Any help will be appreciated
    08-27-13 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD