CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how do i get my pictures from my media card to show in media

i just upgraded from my 9700 with att to 9930 on verizon.so i am learning os 7.i have figured most out and really love this os .its snappy and quick.i was able to download most of my favorite apps.a few were not compatible -cnn ,verizons dvr manager ,and 2 games.no big deal.but what i don't get is i have many pics and walls on my 8 gb media card and i can access them if i explore my media card .but when i open media i only see camera and picture library.it seems new pics with the camera go into picture library but is there a easier way to get to my pics/walls.i like to change my wallpapers daily?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Create folders and title and sort them. All yoir new folders will now be listed beneath your main pic library. If you have a ton of them you can always plug your bb into your pc and create the folders within the media card from there.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 09-24-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

i tried making a pictures folder and importing my pics from my media card .but then i ended up with those pics in the picture library and in the new pictures folder.is there a way to get the pics to go into the picture folder only.
    CrackBerry User

You will have to set the Blackberry desktop to use media card as default media storage via "device options" your new 9900 is default set to use the internal media storage and will not switch over to your media card until you set this in desktop. It will also not "look" for media on your card until you do this.
    You can then migrate via BB desktop or windows explorer, all your pictures to the media card directory it automatically creates. I hope this helps .. I had troubles figuring this one out as well.

Last edited by bermont; 09-27-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nuangel2 View Post
    i tried making a pictures folder and importing my pics from my media card .but then i ended up with those pics in the picture library and in the new pictures folder.is there a way to get the pics to go into the picture folder only.
    From what I can see, the folder called Picture Library when you click your Photos icon, is just an accumulation view of ALL of your photos, it is not a separate additional folder. You can create separate folders for your photos to organize them, but they are ALL going to still show up under the folder Picture Library.
    BLACKBERRY Q10 on OS 10.2.1.1055 and Playbook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dollface54 View Post
    From what I can see, the folder called Picture Library when you click your Photos icon, is just an accumulation view of ALL of your photos, it is not a separate additional folder. You can create separate folders for your photos to organize them, but they are ALL going to still show up under the folder Picture Library.
    This is also true .. But it will not include the new media card until the BB desktop manager setting is saved making it the default media location.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

bermont how do i do i make the media card the default media location in desktop manager.where is this setting?
    CrackBerry User

Click on "device options" and then click on the media tab .. And you should find a media storage drop down menu where you can check select the media card.

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

found it thanks bermont
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by nuangel2 View Post
    found it thanks bermont
    Your welcome
    Did that help you consolidate all your photos?

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

i did the first part .device options now saves to media card .but i don't know how to do the second part .how do i find the media card directory?and how do i migrate the pics?