Hello sir ,my name is Levi.
    I've bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 from somebody an the phone was orginally bought in the O2 network from the UK. I've recently moved back to Romania and i've changed my carrier to Orange and i've unlocked the phone in order to use it in the current network. Sadly i can't benefit from the awesomeness of BIS ,because apparently my BlackBerry PIN it appears that it's still registred in another network. I have the 3G sign and th BB logo ,with the BIS data service , but not functioning , i've called the guys from O2 they've said that my imei was never even registred in O2. So how can i find out where was my BB Pin registred ? So i can unregister it so i can use it in my network , are there any other options?
    01-17-13 12:10 PM
    If you have 3G in caps and the BB logo, then you already have BIS.

If the phone's PIN and IMEI were registered elsewhere, then you wouldn't have these.

Try registering the phone... Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now
    Wait for the confirmation message, then do a battery pull.
    01-17-13 01:14 PM
    I've did that 1000 times , i've recieved the message that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network." But when i try to connect bb apps or facebook i got the message that my "We cannot connect you to the Blackberry app world.Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again." And i have the 3G and BB logo on ,Any other ideas? Please help i'm in crisis.
    01-19-13 05:52 AM
    Please people i beg you for help !!!
    01-19-13 01:48 PM
    I'm not that familiar with carrier plans on that side of the world, but do you have a full data plan?
    I always read about these type of "Message Only" plans where people have to purchase separate plans for FaceBook and the like.
    I have an unlimited data plan here, so I don't have experience with these.
    But, I always see threads about members with these partial plans not having access to apps that use BIS data and want to hopefully use WiFi.
    01-19-13 03:49 PM
    Trust me it works , i've put my SIM in my dad's 9790 and it all works fine , it's something wrong with my 9900! i've did everything , upgraded to 7.1 , pull the battery , register hosting table , none of them work. I have the 3g an BB logo up there , but it seems that my Bold is just mocking me with that.. any other ideas?
    01-20-13 06:14 AM
    No solution?
    01-20-13 12:13 PM
    Wipe and reload OS?
    01-20-13 02:00 PM
    Try contacting your carrier. They can possibly manually register your device with IMEI and PIN.
    01-20-13 02:44 PM
    I've wiped and updated to 7.1 but still no sign of working , and the guys from Orange are saying that in their end everything is ok , the fault is at me .They can't help me anymore cause i've did not bought the cellphone in Orange , it was bought in O2 in the UK. And the guys from O2 said that this device IMEI has never been registered in their network. It's a dead end..anything else?
    01-21-13 12:02 PM
    You can try contacting other operators in the UK. Maybe the previous user used one of others.
    01-21-13 12:05 PM
    I've bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 from somebody...
    ...you need to contact that somebody and have them release the phone's PIN and IMEI from their BIS account before you can register it for use on your account.
    Only the previous owner can help you with this.
    01-21-13 12:28 PM
    You can try contacting other operators in the UK. Maybe the previous user used one of others.
    Unfortunately the operators cannot and will not help. Only the previous owner can sort this out.
    01-21-13 12:42 PM
    I recently changed carriers from Bell to Koodo mobile on one 9900 and from Bell to Virgin Mobile on 5 others...all within the last month. I did not have to do anything. BIS never stopped working and accounts were not "released" etc...I know, because I switched each one myself and reactivated them all one at a time - myself.

I did however remove the previous carrier's service book for the e-mail account I setup with that carrier's (RIM) sub-domain, on one of the phones. BIS (BlackBerry suffixed) e-mail accounts are not accessible from one carrier to another. I was however able to setup a new BIS e-mail account at the new carrier, not that I need or use them, but was able to do it. 4 of these devices were 3G and 2 were H+ (9900's)

I am not sure what all this releasing of device/ PIN is all about, but like I said, I never had anything to do when I switched carriers. Even my SIM cards got updated with my ported number within seconds of the switch. How does one "release" a device/ PIN etc?
    01-21-13 03:44 PM
    I am not sure what all this releasing of device/ PIN is all about, but like I said, I never had anything to do when I switched carriers. Even my SIM cards got updated with my ported number within seconds of the switch. How does one "release" a device/ PIN etc?
    This has nothing to do with changing carriers... it's the change of ownership of the phone that has caused the problem.
    The phone is registered on the original owner's account, and the PIN & IMEI have to be released before anyone else can use it on their account. To do this they just have to log into their carrier's BIS site and remove the phone's details.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-21-13 04:29 PM
    Phil, I can't see why the previous owner would have to help. As long as the phone hasn't been reported stolen or blocked by RIM from accessing BIS, the PIN should be tranferable to another carrier. I wonder if the phone was unlocked properly....
    ...you need to contact that somebody and have them release the phone's PIN and IMEI from their BIS account before you can register it for use on your account.
    Only the previous owner can help you with this.
    01-22-13 04:29 AM
    This has nothing to do with changing carriers... it's the change of ownership of the phone that has caused the problem.
    The phone is registered on the original owner's account, and the PIN & IMEI have to be released before anyone else can use it on their account. To do this they just have to log into their carrier's BIS site and remove the phone's details.
    I understand that, but as the owner of the phones, I NEVER did any of that when moving from one carrier to another...that was my point. My carriers don't even have BIS sites anymore, not since the past 2 years. So, who releases the PIN and IMEI in these cases?
    01-22-13 05:33 AM
    I remember long time ago I had to release the phone from the carrier. Since over a year that was not the case:
    1) my old 9700 changed the BB ID and the network: it was enough just registering the phone with the new provider,
    2) my 9900 keeping my BB ID, changing few networks when travelling (and I mean: getting new SIM cards): never any problems, it just worked!

OP: have you tried deleting all the service books you have on the phone and restarting the phone?

Phill, I just dig a little on this to make sure I was not wrong. Since BIS 4.1 was implemented:
    "No interruption to email flow on SIM swap
    Subscribers who insert a new SIM card in to their BlackBerry smartphone, including SIM cards from a different wireless service provider, no longer experience email flow interruptions. The BlackBerry Internet Service only stops sending email to a smartphone when the subscriber deletes all data from the smartphone, not when a new SIM card is inserted in to the smartphone.

Due to this change, before selling a smartphone, subscribers must delete all data from the smartphone (security wipe) to protect personal information, including email messages and synchronized contacts and calendar events."

Source
    Deanig_12 and Intense Soul like this.
    01-22-13 06:44 AM
    Those from the UK said that the IMEI has never been registred in their network , but my 9900 has the O2 boot logo and vendor id 125 , those from Orange said to contact Uk for information. It's a vicious circle and the one that gets hurt it's me... I wiped and reload the newest OS possible , but still..i have the 3G and BB logo and i did the registration at host routing table , i've got the message that my handheld has been registred in the network but still BIS not working.
    I'm running out of options ,any other ideas? Contacting the guy from who i have bought the phone is not an option.,because he bought the phone from somebody else.

Practically i'm in a dead end , my only solution in my opinion is to bring up black magic and try to ressurect my phone by changing the vendor id maybe that will trick my carrier as if the phone is bought in Orange, but that is illegal in this forum so please , give me an advice i don't want to sin.
    Help!!
    01-26-13 04:52 PM
    It is also possible that this has nothing to do with PIN or IMEI but that app world may not be available in your current country (determined by IP address). It has something to do with existence of sales business licenses, tax regulations, warranty laws, etc.

Do other people on the same network/carrier have access to app world? Also, I don't know if the device must somehow be set up for a specific country's app world or not. Anyone?
    01-26-13 06:13 PM
    Of course , i've inserted my sim in my dad's 9790 and it works right away , bbm ,facebook, app world. But not in mine..
    01-26-13 06:27 PM
    have you tryed diffrent sim cards? ino you cant unlock o2 phones unless they give you a code witch you have to pay for
    01-26-13 06:34 PM
    Of course i've tried different sim cards. I've unlocked the phone ,i can use it in Orange , but at the bootstart O2 logo still shows up and vendor id is still 125 , maybe Orange doesn't like the fact that my vendor id doesn't correspond to their network. Any other help?
    01-27-13 08:19 AM