Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfee48
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I change the number of rows of icons per panel?

I'm not sure how it happened, but I used to have 3 rows of icons showing when my display tray is closed. Now I don't have any; i.e. the tray closes completely.

I've looked all over for a setting to adjust but I can't find one. And I know I adjusted it at one time.

By the way, it's NOT Options>Accessibility>Home Screen Grid Layout.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

You know the panel header with the named sections? Drag that upwards or downwards depending on the number of rows you want displayed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hello there revaddict

If you mean by Row below the All, Media, Favorites, Download.
    You have to drag upward or downward and you can adjust how many rows of icons to show.
    If you use a BBOS 7.0 Highlight the all panel and click on BB menu and a option will show tap/click on it and Where it says "Home screen Panels" Tap/click on manage panels and you can set what panels you would like to show.

Hope i answer your Question. --->Thank me later.
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

Thanked by:
    RWWackostu (01-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

I don't think anyone has really answered the question yet and I am trying to figure out the same thing.

When I first got my 9900 there was always 1 row of icons showing. I know you can click the title bar for the panel and drag it upward to show 2 or 3 rows. You can also hit the BB key and select "Maximize Panel". But when you hit the back but, it goes back to just one row. I read a few posts like this and didn't find the answer I was looking for so I just gave up.

Then after a bit of playing around and customizing, I suddenly had 2 rows always visible. I could expand to 3 rows by the usual methods, but when I hit the back button, it would revert to 2 rows as a default. Better than 1 row, but still not what I was looking for. I want all 3 rows to show by default.

Then today I installed a new app and the unit re-booted. Now I am down to zero rows showing by default. I can click and drag up, or maximize the panel, but when I hit back, or when it returns to default, there are none. It completely minimizes.

What's going on here and is there a way to set it so all panels are always maximized?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Interestingly when I slide it upwards slowly until there is 2 rows and leave it. It will thereafter, always default to 2 rows of icons. I just can't make it so that it will default to 3 rows.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    for what...?!

Ok, normally I only have 1 row or nothing on my screen but I just slided it upwards and I got 3 rows and it's staying on 3 rows. Did you try a battery pull?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gregcoad View Post
    Interestingly when I slide it upwards slowly until there is 2 rows and leave it. It will thereafter, always default to 2 rows of icons. I just can't make it so that it will default to 3 rows.
    I'm pretty sure if u use the default theme the most amount of rows u can have set is 2. I use a theme made by lucky45 tht has a smaller banner and with tht theme I can set 3 rows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I don't think anyone has really answered the question yet and I am trying to figure out the same thing.
    Yes they did, as already said, just drag the header up or down to get the amount of rows you want displayed.
    Nokia 6265i>HTC Dream>Bold 9700>Torch 9800>Bold 9780>Galaxy SII>iPhone 4>Bold 9900>Galaxy SII LTE>Bold 9900>iPhone 5>BB Z10 OS v10.1.0.1970
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EECGeek View Post
    Yes they did, as already said, just drag the header up or down to get the amount of rows you want displayed.
    .... And you get it to stay that way how?.....

It always defaults back to 0, 1 or 2 rows showing. Is the final answer, "you can't lock the panel display as maximized?"

CrackBerry Genius

.... And you get it to stay that way how?.....

It always defaults back to 0, 1 or 2 rows showing. Is the final answer, "you can't lock the panel display as maximized?"

You can't lock it, drag it all the way down so it shows no rows and then double tap your menu button. This will quickly maximize/minimize.
    8330 --> 8530 --> 9550 --> 9930 --> Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

on the bolds it only allows up to two rows. i think only on larger screen berries like the 9860/50 can do up to three
    eh....
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy07 View Post
    on the bolds it only allows up to two rows. i think only on larger screen berries like the 9860/50 can do up to three
    No... I can set it 1, 2, or 3 rows.
    Last edited by dustanh; 01-27-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dustanh View Post
    No... I can set it 1, 2, or 3 rows.
    umm no you can't. I think i may not what youre referring to. if you can set it to display three rows and hit the back button and have it stay at three then ill retract my last statement.
    eh....
    CrackBerry Genius

umm no you can't. I think i may not what youre referring to. if you can set it to display three rows and hit the back button and have it stay at three then ill retract my last statement.
    You just made me question myself. But I tried it again and yes I can have 3 rows locked.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I know on my 9930 if I use the default theme it only allows me to have two rows. I have a small banner theme made by lucky45 and when I use tht theme it allows me to have 3 rows. I guess it depends on the theme tht we use.
    Thanked by 2:
    blackguy07 (01-27-2012),  meyerink (02-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

You just made me question myself. But I tried it again and yes I can have 3 rows locked.
    hmm sure youre hitting the back and not the end button because i just tried it again and no dice on it locking on 3. only allowing me to do 1 or 2. the only way i can have 3 rows is if i dont hit the back button while on the home screen.
    eh....
    CrackBerry Genius

Disregard my previous post. You are correct... depends on theme. Sometimes I forget about my theme.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan559 View Post
    I know on my 9930 if I use the default theme it only allows me to have two rows. I have a small banner theme made by lucky45 and when I use tht theme it allows me to have 3 rows. I guess it depends on the theme tht we use.
    Same here I just changed to my default theme and I cannot lock three rows. Small banner theme allows three locked rows.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Disregard my previous post. You are correct... depends on theme. Sometimes I forget about my theme.

Same here I just changed to my default theme and I cannot lock three rows. Small banner theme allows three locked rows.
    okay cool! i was soooo confused, thought my berry was acting up for a sec lol
    eh....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

and a small banner theme doesn't sound like a better solution. Hopefully the next OS release will tweak this. Some of us are less concerned about what our wallpaper looks like and just want to get down to business faster with one fewer click.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default How do I change the number of rows of icons per panel?

and a small banner theme doesn't sound like a better solution. Hopefully the next OS release will tweak this. Some of us are less concerned about what our wallpaper looks like and just want to get down to business faster with one fewer click.

No one ever said it was a solution... Or even offered. I'm not concerned about my wallpaper. I just like the less cluttered screen and giant time stamp.

Its not that hard to double tap my menu button to expand my panel. Pretty much second nature. All of my most used software is shortcutted through a thirdparty app. No need for any homescreen icon(s).

That's how you get down to business... without even looking.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by dustanh; 01-28-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I know it's and old thread, but I found this by searching. I was looking for the answer to the same question. I found this:

http://crackberry.com/quick-tip-how-...erry-7-devices
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile RE ROWS ON BLack Berry home screen

Thank you for the link!
    It really helped!!
    BEst, VENUSP
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by revaddict View Post
    I'm not sure how it happened, but I used to have 3 rows of icons showing when my display tray is closed. Now I don't have any; i.e. the tray closes completely.

I've looked all over for a setting to adjust but I can't find one. And I know I adjusted it at one time.

By the way, it's NOT Options>Accessibility>Home Screen Grid Layout.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I've just recently come into the same situation and luckily I've found my answer online...and this video explains it all cheers

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQs2uiYT-U[/YT]
    CrackBerry Genius

Yes but when Op started this thread on 11/25/2011 this youtube video was not around....
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...