Hi all,

I don't know how its gonna sound but, I have seen videos about (blackberry keyboards cleaning) but i didn't came across any for 9900, My question is that its not about cleaning it with that cleaning cloth alone but how ever so that's very good tho when i feel like i should clean it with that cloth but i actually was thinking to take keyboard off the phone and clean the actual keys like so i won't have problem with keyboard later like double clicks or no clicks at all

So its 7 month old, and i'm glad i am not having any keyboard issues, but just curious if that's possible or just should i get a replacement if i have an issue with any key ?

Thanks
    07-29-12 05:58 PM
    Clean it with the cloth and use can of air once in awhile if you want. I would not take it apart to clean the keyboard it is durable. If keeping the phone extra clean makes you feel better invest in a quality case that doesn't expose the screen or keyboard to the elements and protects it if dropped.
    If you have any problems at all battery pull will fix. If the key gets damaged order new key pad and have a tech properly install it.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    07-29-12 06:34 PM
    Clean it with the cloth and use can of air once in awhile if you want. I would not take it apart to clean the keyboard it is durable. If keeping the phone extra clean makes you feel better invest in a quality case that doesn't expose the screen or keyboard to the elements and protects it if dropped.
    If you have any problems at all battery pull will fix. If the key gets damaged order new key pad and have a tech properly install it.
    Thanks a lot, yes I do have the hostler and but for some reasons I'm not using it, its good tho
    But I use a soft shell case

And yes my solution is that air spray or what ever that's called, where can I get that ?

Thanks for the reply
    07-29-12 07:29 PM
    Its compressed air in a can. You can grab it from Staples or something.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    07-29-12 08:00 PM
    Yep that can be obtained at any office or home improvement store. If you just wipe it down in the evening and spray it once a week you should be good to go.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    07-29-12 08:11 PM
    I have my dogs 1 strand of fur stuck by then end call key...I have OCD when it comes to certain things and this takes the cake lol
    07-29-12 08:23 PM
    Yep that can be obtained at any office or home improvement store. If you just wipe it down in the evening and spray it once a week you should be good to go.
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna get that this evening
    07-29-12 08:57 PM
    I have my dogs 1 strand of fur stuck by then end call key...I have OCD when it comes to certain things and this takes the cake lol
    Haha okay, well my keyboard is just fine, I just want this buttery keyboard to go crazy, and I don't use hostler so

But yes I liked that idea I'm gonna get that and use it once a while
    I don't know why is it so this phone loves finger prints, even on screen
    Any tips ?
    07-29-12 09:00 PM
    Hi all,

I don't know how its gonna sound but, I have seen videos about (blackberry keyboards cleaning) but i didn't came across any for 9900, My question is that its not about cleaning it with that cleaning cloth alone but how ever so that's very good tho when i feel like i should clean it with that cloth but i actually was thinking to take keyboard off the phone and clean the actual keys like so i won't have problem with keyboard later like double clicks or no clicks at all

So its 7 month old, and i'm glad i am not having any keyboard issues, but just curious if that's possible or just should i get a replacement if i have an issue with any key ?

Thanks
    I have exactly the same double/no click problem as you and can't do anything but take to the repair service. But it happens quite shortly afterwards. It would be good if there is any way that one could do the cleaning like taking the keyboard out and brush it or so to clean up the small particals that might get in between the key spaces. Keeping it in a holster is not an option as I am using almost all the time. And, I trust that my fingers are not really that dirty! If this couldn't be fixed, probably the option is to forget the BB Bold.
    05-16-13 11:39 PM
    Relax, the fix is simple.

Go to www.ETradeSupply.com and get a new keypad. You can get a blank chin plate for an extra buck fifty as well if you like.

Find a disassembly video on YouTube.

Replace the keypad.

Get the complete unit with the track pad and flex-cable, the stuff is cheap and not worth messing with. The track pad that came with my replacement is nicer than my original anyway.

Make sure you get the proper T-Driver to take the phone apart.

Your probably lookin at about 20 bucks total.

ETradeSupply has original Blackberry parts and they are "New" and not parts pulled from refurbished units.

The 99XX is the easiest BB to disassemble that they ever made. Just replacing the Keypad is 2 or 4 out of the 6 screws that hold the unit together.

No Sweat.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-13 at 05:32 AM.
    05-16-13 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD