I would like to change the vendor id of my phone cause i'm from romania and the vendor id of my phone is 125 wich is O2 UK , even if i unlocked it , my BIS network in Orange Romania won't work even if i have the 3G and BB logo in the top corner ,i'd have to change my vendor id or to -1 that is the true true factory type or to Orange's vendor id wich is 168 i guess , never mind... I know it's illegal to talk about this , as i saw arround here , but all ask for you is advice , how can i do that? (i have a bold 9900)
    01-26-13 11:02 AM
    Can't be done, Vendor ID is hardwired into the device.
    01-26-13 11:24 AM
    Just like the splash screen.
    01-26-13 11:41 AM
    ... I know it's illegal to talk about this , as i saw arround here , but all ask for you is advice , how can i do that?
    Why would you ask if you acknowledge that it is illegal to talk about it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    01-26-13 11:47 AM
    It's not illegal to talk about it actually , it's illegal to post links . It's not about the flash screen damn..i just want to make my phone's vendor to corespond to my new carrier , so BIS can properly work.
    01-26-13 02:37 PM
    Regardless, as noted. You can't do it.

Not legally anyway.
    01-26-13 02:39 PM
    It's not illegal to talk about it actually , it's illegal to post links . It's not about the flash screen damn..i just want to make my phone's vendor to corespond to my new carrier , so BIS can properly work.
    No.
    It is not only for posting links to warez apps... It is about providing those kind of instructions as well.
    From the same link previously provided...
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    Sorry, but I don't think anyone can assist you with this here.
    Try a Google search for what you're asking about. There is a ton of information out there.

Also, it may be better to continue to follow the progress on your initial thread about your issue as well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7862923
    01-26-13 03:57 PM
    in short......
    there was a software which worked on 9000 to flash it's vendor ID...
    but ... newer devices doesn't support that software....
    best of luck...
    01-27-13 06:34 AM
    Man , i have paid for my BIS service , 4 euros a month , i just want to make it work properly i'm not a thieft to steal data service or whatever , i just simply want to make my phone work.. i think that after I've unlocked the phone ,i can use it in Orange , but at the bootstart O2 logo still shows up and vendor id is still 125 , maybe Orange doesn't like the fact that my vendor id doesn't correspond to their network. Any other help?
    01-27-13 08:32 AM
    The problem is with your carrier, not the vendor ID which cannot be changed. Call Orange and keep at it, politely, till it's resolved.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-27-13 11:13 AM
    My Vendor ID is from Vodafone Germany and the Bold works perfectly fine on my actual o2 germany contract. I highly doubt changing the vendor ID will help you. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to use phones outside their country when traveling and inserting other SIMs.
    01-27-13 12:02 PM
    Ok , but any explanations? Or methods ? Contacting the carrier it's a rabbit hole , without an end.. they will not give me an answer because it wasn't bough in their network.
    01-27-13 01:20 PM
    Ok , but any explanations? Or methods ? Contacting the carrier it's a rabbit hole , without an end.. they will not give me an answer because it wasn't bough in their network.
    I don't know how things are done in Romania, but at least here in germany, such an excuse wouldn't count. Take me for example: I haven't used a phone supplied by o2 since a few Years. Basicly I always brought my own phone to the contract.
    I have the contract, so I am a customer. I pay for my contract and the service it provides. So they have to help me getting stuff running when something doesn't work. And they usually do, never got asked where my phone is from. I also wouldn't accept such a comment from my carrier. I pay for the contract, not any phone. Unless they can prove my phone is the problem (SIM-locked for example), they simply have to work things out.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-27-13 01:46 PM

All we can do is keep repeating the same mantra. It's on your carrier's end. Contact them to fix it. You're their customer.

Do they have competition? Maybe you could switch to a company willing to provide the services they sell.
    01-27-13 03:50 PM
    Got the motivation thanks to you , sharping my sword ,and going to talk with them . Thanks boys !
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-27-13 05:33 PM