Hello,
    I'm receiving non stop messages through bbm contact by some one I dont know (i dont have him in my list).
    I blocked him through firewall ... but still, my phone is receiving these messages and keep blocking them which drains my phone's battary and wastes my data plan.

Is there any way that I can completely block this guy?

Thanks
    07-24-12 02:54 AM
    Check the settings in BB firewall. You probably need to block PIN messages - which are like email but sent by device PIN, not email address.

If he is not in your BBM list the only BBM message he can send should be invitations (add requests) which you can decline. If you are getting BBM invitations, Accept one of the requests, then immediately DELETE and in the Delete BBM Contact confirmation dialog, select the option to ignore all future requests.
    07-24-12 04:12 AM
    First, thanks for replying

i already blocked him in the firewall ... i stopped receiving his annoying bbm same msg (more than 2000 msgs in 2 hours ! )

but the problem as u can see in the attached image, that my phone is still receiving these msgs and keep blocking them which drains and heats my phone ... and abviously wastes my data plan

What can i do ?

Thanks
    07-24-12 04:24 AM
    This is certainly an odd problem. Have you contacted your carrier? It seems unfair that you get penalized for this. Is it advertisements? And have you replied back requesting a stop?
    07-24-12 11:22 AM
    First, thanks for replying

i already blocked him in the firewall ... i stopped receiving his annoying bbm same msg (more than 2000 msgs in 2 hours ! )

but the problem as u can see in the attached image, that my phone is still receiving these msgs and keep blocking them which drains and heats my phone ... and abviously wastes my data plan

What can i do ?

Thanks
    The amount of data or battery use is hardly worth mentioning.

There is no problem with the attached picture. The firewall is intended to stop certain messages and that is what you are using it for. I don't see a problem.

As mentioned by Branta.
    Add the person's PIN to your BBM and then delete (choosing the option to Ignore), even if they are still pending, you can still delete (Don't forget IGNORE) and you will not receive PINS, BBMs, or requests.
    07-24-12 12:53 PM
    You have done all the right steps, there is nothing more you can try from the phone.

The next step depends on what is in the messages, which carrier the offender is using (same as you or outside), the various carriers' Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and maybe the laws relating to harassment where you live. Contact your carrier's helpdesk for more advice about their policy for this kind of problem.
    07-24-12 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD