With the 9930 connected to Playbook do you have to pay the carrier (Verizon) additional fees to use the hotspot feature or is it included?
    07-12-12 11:28 AM
    You have to pay the extra hotspot fee for Verizon. 2 GB for $20 per month.
    07-12-12 11:30 AM
    with their share everything plan can you not use some of your existing data purchased with the hotspot feature?
    07-12-12 11:33 AM
    Nope... Mobile Hotspot is a separate feature in addition to minutes, text, and data.
    07-12-12 11:44 AM
    You could use the BB Bridge app.
    07-12-12 12:13 PM
    Nope... Mobile Hotspot is a separate feature in addition to minutes, text, and data.
    With the new Share everything plans, the mobile hotspot is included--no additional $20/month fee. However, if you are currently on an unlimited data plan you lose that and have to chose your monthly data amount to be shared. Talk and text are unlimited on the share everything plan. Flat rates for phones ($40 per smartphone/$30 per non-smartphone) and then you choose the data plan to be shared.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-12-12 12:18 PM
    You could use the BB Bridge app.
    I forgot about this... I don't have a Playbook. So no experience there.

With the new Share everything plans, the mobile hotspot is included--no additional $20/month fee. However, if you are currently on an unlimited data plan you lose that and have to chose your monthly data amount to be shared. Talk and text are unlimited on the share everything plan. Flat rates for phones ($40 per smartphone/$30 per non-smartphone) and then you choose the data plan to be shared.
    Really? Interesting. I'll keep this in mind.
    07-12-12 12:34 PM
    I forgot about this... I don't have a Playbook. So no experience there.

Really? Interesting. I'll keep this in mind.
    When you bridge can you browse and use apps on the playbook for free?
    07-12-12 03:10 PM
    When you bridge can you browse and use apps on the playbook for free?
    Yes, bridge is free, it's the hotspot that needs to be paid for or you need the new share everything plans.

You will get faster speeds with Hotspot though, with Bridge you're limited by Bluetooth speeds.
    07-12-12 03:12 PM
    Thanks. We will have the share everything. We are coming from at&t.
    07-12-12 03:40 PM
    After I saw the post about share everything... I switched to it. Saved me $. I had unlimited data and the hotspot feature. But I got the 4GB share everything. I can probably dumb down to 2GB, but I almost hit that 2GB point between device data and hotspot. Glad I saw this thread, I forgot about looking into the Share Everything.
    07-12-12 03:48 PM
    The BRIDGE function allows a bbphone to share its data connection with the pb for email, certain 3rd party apps and for BROWSING. BUT it is a bit more limited than hotspot from what I understand. So far, at least, Verizon has not tried to limit this "sharing" or charge for it.

Also, AT&T will NOT allow the bridged data to be used for browsing although there is a workaround to this.
    07-12-12 04:26 PM
    Yep, as a new user to Verizon, you will have to choose one of the new share plans that include mobile hotspot. I willingly gave up my unlimited data on my phone and moved all 5 lines to a new share plan and I'm saving almost $100 per month. We have never used more than 2GB in a month and I'm on the 4GB plan, so it was great for me.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-12-12 04:52 PM
    Yep, as a new user to Verizon, you will have to choose one of the new share plans that include mobile hotspot. I willingly gave up my unlimited data on my phone and moved all 5 lines to a new share plan and I'm saving almost $100 per month. We have never used more than 2GB in a month and I'm on the 4GB plan, so it was great for me.
    I was hanging on to my unlimited data plan forever. I would not let it go. But after looking at my data usage over a few months, I rarely hit the 400MB mark. Add in that I paid for the hotspot feature. Doesn�t save me as much as you� but better than nothing. I told my girlfriend she can jump on my share everything only if she sticks with BlackBerry.
    07-12-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD