CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hotspot 7.1 not working

Hey

I have a problem regarding the mobile hotspot feature in 7.1. I am able to create a hotspot with my blackberry, and my computer (and other phones) are able to establish connection with the hotspot. But it does not grand internet to the connected devices. The browser does says that no internet connection is there, and something about the DNS-server. Anyone else having this problem? I live in denmark, and have not installed a OS-version from a danish provider (because non of the danish providers releases any) can that cause a problem with hotspot?
    Hope you can help me
    /joe
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28192D8F

Does your carrier supports the hot spot? Do you have a no data limit connection? Do you BB connect the internet va 3G?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I do not have a data limit connection. But when I think about it, when I tried to establish connection it was on edge. Does is have to be 3G?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    288986cf

In most of the cases, carriers devide their services between phone, text, data and hotspot. So you'll have to pay extra in order to use it, in case its not included within the plan you currently hold. Check your service provides's website, your contract or shoot them a call.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28192D8F

You need to be connected at least via BIS(blackberry internet services) so you can manage you email. If you manage email the phone can ach the net. It has 4 little point nearby the carrier signal. Otherwise you need to look at your phone plan. It means you have no data connection, no bis activated, no internet navigation. Give them a call.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Most carriers in the US have locked out the hotspot feature on normal data plans. Generally, this is not the case in Europe. Also, you will definatly need a very strong connection to a 3G network for it to work, as you will be loading full webpages rather than compressed mobile pages.
    Last edited by peter_torchbook; 04-08-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Visit my website at www.pgbabyweardirect.co.uk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

okay, I will give them a call. Thx guys!
    Last edited by thalastplaya; 04-08-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

Quote Originally Posted by peter_torchbook View Post
    Most carriers in the US have locked out the hotspot feature on normal data plans. Generally, this is not the case in Europe. Also, you will definatly need a very strong connection to a 3G network for it to work, as you will be loading full webpages rather than compressed mobile pages.
    Well I loaded a leak with the hotspot feature, and it would not work I looked around on my carriers website and saw mixed information on whether it was an add on I had to pay for, or I must have did something wrong.

I called and realized I entered my APN wrong. Give 'em a call and see what they say.
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 Hybrid HERE