Hay Everyone.
    Before I start my problem I would like to tell that I tried my best to search for the solution to this very problem on Google and on this Forum as well but all in vain.
    Basically I have 4 emails set-up on my BB out of which 2 are Hotmail email addresses. Now when I send email from my BB using any of Hotmail emails, my name to receiver appears as question marks but when I send email from same Hotmail account using PC, my name appears properly to the receiver instead of question marks.
    Yes I tried Edit email option on BB and from my service provider's BIS website but for Hotmail there is no such option to change the name.
    Anyone have solution?
    02-28-12 08:01 AM
    I would contact hotmail there may be something they can do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 09:29 AM
    That is indeed odd. I would've told you to play with the email settings on your device and on BIS. But you covered that.

Have you tried deleting the email accounts and re-adding them? I'd also maybe google around... I'm sure someone else has an issue like yours.

I'm gonna open up a hotmail account and peek around.

*****Edit:

I got my Hotmail account setup and I cannot duplicate your issue. Strange. My receiver name is the one I setup on Hotmail, and you are correct, you cannot edit "your name" on BIS for Hotmail accounts.

I'd play around with your Hotmail settings. See if you can edit your sender name to something else. Test it. Then change it back.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-29-12 at 02:36 AM.
    DaNii1985 likes this.
    02-28-12 10:13 AM
    What do you have setup under Default Services. Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Default Services. You may also want to setup youself as a contact, include email, phone number and pin.
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-28-12 at 02:49 PM.
    02-28-12 02:43 PM
    Can you actually have 2 hotmail accounts on one BB? I have not tried that. I do have 4 accounts on there, but none are from the same provider.
    02-28-12 08:34 PM
    Login to Hotmail and go to Options>Account Details>Name.
    02-28-12 09:31 PM
    Can you actually have 2 hotmail accounts on one BB? I have not tried that. I do have 4 accounts on there, but none are from the same provider.
    Yes...I have three hotmail accounts and three gmail accounts...all to the same blackberry account.
    02-28-12 09:39 PM
    First of all thanks everyone for replying.

So basically what I did is that first I change my display name. Then I removed email and added it back to mobile. It is working absolutely fine now. Thanks dustanh for giving me this idea.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-28-12 11:55 PM
    First of all thanks everyone for replying.

So basically what I did is that first I change my display name. Then I removed email and added it back to mobile. It is working absolutely fine now. Thanks dustanh for giving me this idea.
    Glad to hear you worked it out.
    02-29-12 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD