Ever since I upgraded to Bridge 2.1 and PlayBook OS 2.1 my Bold 9900 has gone from about 2.2% per hour, to 4.0+ % per hour. I suspect this has something to do with Bridge through Wi-Fi... My 9900 and PlayBook are together 80% of the time and... hence... bridged.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    10-16-12 06:17 AM
    Do you have an email account that supports subfolders on the PlayBook. With the last 2.1 upgrade, the message app on the PlayBook began supporting folders on some email systems, such as Microsoft Exchange account. The syncing of these folders over bridge may be using some Bridge data and cpu time, battery on your 9900. If you have access to the data use on your phone via a carrier web site, you might want to check and see if there is more data being used now.

When the update first came out, my wife had forgot her PlayBook at home. I updated her PlayBook and met her for lunch and gave her the PlayBook. Her phone went dead that afternoon, and when I looked at the data use, about 150mb was transferred withing minutes of us meeting for lunch. Her exchange server account has many subfolders and these are now available through the message app on the PlayBook. Once it got synced the data use settled down.
    10-16-12 06:51 AM
    I've also had the same issues.. I tried letting it continue to sync for a couple days but still didn't settle down. The data usage even continues when the bluetooth connections and bridge are disabled. Simply having the app installed on the phone causes the wifi receiving arrow to be lit up continuously until I delete the app or disconnect the wifi antennae. I'm beginning to think it might be my router being faulty.
    10-16-12 11:10 AM
    I've also had the same issues.. I tried letting it continue to sync for a couple days but still didn't settle down. The data usage even continues when the bluetooth connections and bridge are disabled. Simply having the app installed on the phone causes the wifi receiving arrow to be lit up continuously until I delete the app or disconnect the wifi antennae. I'm beginning to think it might be my router being faulty.
    It's not your router. This happens to me on my home Wi-Fi and work Wi-Fi. Strange....
    10-16-12 01:48 PM
    I do have my work Outlook Exchange account setup on my PlayBook.... but I still don't see why this would necessitate non-stop Wi-Fi data consumption?
    10-16-12 01:49 PM
    9930 with Verizon. I don't think I've seen much change in battery life with the Bridge or OS update.
    10-16-12 03:24 PM
    I've been getting this on some wifi networks but not all wifi networks. On some of them, even with bluetooth off and the bridge app not running I still get constant data arrows and a rapidly draining battery on my 9900. I can't figure it out.
    10-16-12 03:59 PM
    I've been getting this on some wifi networks but not all wifi networks. On some of them, even with bluetooth off and the bridge app not running I still get constant data arrows and a rapidly draining battery on my 9900. I can't figure it out.
    I'm sure it has to do with Bridge 2.1. I am draining well over 4% per hour now. Damn it RIM...fix one thing, screw up another.
    10-16-12 06:27 PM
    I've had a similar experience, but way worse. Since these updated, if I leave the Bridge on, both my Playbook and 9930 are stone dead with in 3 hours. They are in constant communication to the point that I think I could fry an egg on the back of my 9930 because it is so hot. Any ideas what is causing this?
    10-17-12 01:58 PM