I'm currently a torch 9860 USer. And I want to switch to the bold 9900. For the reasons of the keyboard and NFC. And I don't take too much photos so autofocus is not a big deal. and the main reason that I can't switch is this bricking issue. Any advice? So that I wouldn't end up with a dead phone. Because I'm going to pay for the device full price.
    12-27-11 03:30 AM
    blackberry lately is the new lottery.
    I never had bricking issues, this is my second 9900.
    I did had issues with the 1st one but not bricking, was a scroll issue.
    This one works perfect
    12-27-11 03:31 AM
    Switch switch switch! Bold 9900 will give you a true blackberry experience!
    12-27-11 03:43 AM
    I know but I'm afraid to switch because of this bricking issue. Can someone tell UF a device will brick or not? Like the stickers on the back of the Device?
    12-27-11 03:47 AM
    I know but I'm afraid to switch because of this bricking issue. Can someone tell UF a device will brick or not? Like the stickers on the back of the Device?
    This doesn't happen anymore with later software, the only thing I noticed is sometimes you get a longer reboot time but even that hasn't happened in a while.

Some apps can cause it too, I'm 99.9% sure BeepUs was the one that bricked my 9900 as it was the only app that caused it to freeze. No more problems since deleted.
    12-27-11 04:07 AM
    I keep reading about bricked bold's but I really don't have a problem with mine. Maybe I'm just lucky with my device. But if you do make the switch I don't think you will regret it! Good luck
    12-27-11 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD