hi guys sorry in advance if this has already been answerd but ive been tirelessly searching for a solution everywhere online and cant seem to find anything related to my issue.
    so i bought a verizon 9930 on craigslist and when i bougth the phone it seemed to be in perfect condition the thing was the guy i purchased it from didnt have a sim card big enough to fit the phone so we could test it and make a call (big mistake i know im a dumbass) i figured the phone was good anyways so i got home after purchasing a tmobile sim card inserted the card and turned the mobile network on cause at that point it was in the off position as soon as i did that the phone rebooted it self and continued to do it everytime it completely turned on i figure 20 seconds after the phone turns back on it power cycles again and again but when i turn the network connection off it stops any suggestions on how to fix this come on guys i know you have all the answers to everything help me out pleeease. ive tried to restore it, wipe data, update os ,switch to older os but no success help me please.
    01-26-13 03:41 PM
    Unfortunately Lindsay you're not going to like the answer I give you

My phone did something very similar. Everytime I would click the Mobile Networks to turn it on OR off, it would automatically reboot the phone. However once it rebooted it would stay on. If I tried to turn off the phone, it would go into a reboot the minute the network connection was turned off.

Being a pretty savvy BB guy, I tried doing everything I could to stop this from happening, as you have. Wiped, restored OS, install many different OS versions using different techniques (AppLoader, BBSAK, etc.). After each time, every time I clicked on the Mobile Networks text, whether to turn it on or off, it would reboot the phone. I decided to just deal with it knowing if I just left mobile networks on all the time nothing would happen. Well sure enough, about 2 months later the phone bricked itself. I've recovered a a few Blackberrys in my time, so I know the various ways to nuke one back to life. But this time it was to no avail. The phone was toast.

Looks like the seller knew about this and duped you into buying it. I hope you didn't spend too much on it
    01-26-13 04:58 PM
    there a man on here with an official thread about cycle reboot and loads of people said it worked for them i dunno where the thread it but im sure sumone can help you on this
    01-26-13 05:03 PM
    01-26-13 05:09 PM
    Could it be that you're attempting to use a Verizon CDMA version of the 9900 on the T-Mobile GSM/AWS network?
    I would think that could cause some issues. Or, is that a "world phone"?
    However; your profile states Claro for a carrier and I have no idea what kind of devices they carry.
    But if the device is being used on Claro, ask them for a sim card.
    Unless Claro is a subsidiary of T-Mobile or something. I don't know anything about them to say for sure as well.
    01-26-13 05:10 PM
    thnx for the replies
    01-26-13 05:18 PM
    01-26-13 05:18 PM
    lindsey i would get a new battery too see if its that as ive read here My blackberry 9900 keeps restarting - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    01-26-13 05:21 PM