Can anyone help please? Don't know if I activated it or what, but when I write "de" and press space, it writes Sun, April 29Th, 2012 for example... I know it doesnt seem like a big deal to you but I am foreign and I need to write "de" in my language. Thanks...
    04-29-12 01:20 PM
    You might have word substitution turned on. Go to your phone Options, then Typing and Language, then Word Substitution. Search for an entry for "de". Is there one there? If so, you can delete it.

(If there is an entry in your Word Substitution list, it would look something like this: 'de (%D)', which would insert the date every time you typed "de")
    Last edited by robkd; 04-29-12 at 01:49 PM.
    sallenthornton and NCUDS like this.
    04-29-12 01:45 PM
    You might have word substitution turned on. Go to your phone Options, then Typing and Language, then Word Substitution. Search for an entry for "de". Is there one there? If so, you can delete it.

(If there is an entry in your Word Substitution list, it would look something like this: 'de (%D)', which would insert the date every time you typed "de")
    That did it! Thanks!
    04-29-12 01:57 PM
    If you type "mo" as in "mo fracky", it'll want to use "month" instead of "mo". Same with "LT" - that will enter the time.
    04-29-12 02:00 PM

This is a great tip! I've owned a blackberry for years and never knew about the word substitution setting. Thanks!
    04-29-12 02:18 PM
    Those word subs are actually quite handy. You can write a book and have it appear with two letters and a space. One of my top 10 favorite BB features!
    04-29-12 03:00 PM
    No problem. It's a great feature that I use quite often, i.e. "omw" for "on my way", and "em1" as a shortcut for my primary email address, as two examples.
    04-29-12 03:04 PM
    hmmmm, the lt shortcut works, but I don't know how I'd be able to get the date to display in an email or text without manually typing it.
    04-29-12 06:30 PM
    yea the "lt" thing used to me off. made addressing texts and emails to my lieutenant kinda tough.
    04-29-12 06:36 PM
    Type lt and hit space - if its in your Word Substitution list, it will show as lt(%T). That %T is the common string characters to specify time.
    04-29-12 08:25 PM
    hmmmm, the lt shortcut works, but I don't know how I'd be able to get the date to display in an email or text without manually typing it.
    To get a shortcut for the date, go into the Word Substitution options and create a new entry, let's say for "dt", with a value of "%D" (without the quotes). Then whenever you type "dt" followed by a space, you'll get the date.
    04-29-12 09:01 PM
    Don't forget myver gives you your os version mypin gives you your pin also.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-29-12 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD