so, i've been trying to update to new leaked os and i deleted the first vendor.xml file and at this path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML i can only find device.xml . can somebody please help? i'm going nuts here
    01-10-12 05:18 AM
    it should be here: C:/ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploade r
    or x64 systems: C:/ProgramFiles(*86)/CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader
    01-10-12 05:49 AM
    Be sure that your computer is set to show "Hidden" files/folders.
    01-10-12 05:50 AM
    Another vendor file can be found here:

C:\Users\<Yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Input the above into the 'Search function' , and you should be able to locate it.
    01-10-12 06:33 AM
    If you re-read the OP, the OP indicated that that is the folder where he looked.
    01-10-12 10:59 AM
    Something I've noticed is both desktops running XP Pro have only one Vendor file, laptop on Vista there's two. If you are on XP, you won't find another one.
    01-10-12 11:07 AM
    so, i've been trying to update to new leaked os and i deleted the first vendor.xml file and at this path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML i can only find device.xml . can somebody please help? i'm going nuts here
    When I installed the 7.1.0.190 leak there was only 1 Vendor.xml file in the download in the apploader folder, nothing in the usual app data location.
    01-10-12 11:07 AM
    i'm on windows 7, and i've deleted the one from the common files and there's no other vendor file on my computer and still i can't install this update. i don't really know what else to do...
    01-10-12 11:13 AM
    what's the error message?
    It happened to me twice, but not on 9900, on my late 9700. First time was the usb cable, i was using a 3rd party one. Used the original one and hooked directly on my motherboard usb ports ( not front case ports, no usb hub) and it finally worked. Also try a reboot and a batt pull before trying to update. Second time i had to wipe the os with BBSAK then load the new one.
    PS : make sure that you only have 1 os installed on your pc
    01-10-12 11:26 AM
    there's no error, it says that the os was successfully instaled after 2 seconds of starting the loader.exe, but nothing happens to my phone.. i've tried it on three computers and the result was the same...
    01-10-12 11:33 AM
    then i would make a backup with dm then wipe everything with bbsak and install the os clean and smooth
    andreisb likes this.
    01-10-12 11:59 AM
    Has anyone ever done a carrier OTA OS update?
    01-10-12 01:06 PM
    after using bbsak it worked, got stuck at reconnecting to jvm, and i unplugged the phone and then plugged it back, and the update worked fine. thank you.
    01-11-12 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD