I just bought my blackberry 9930 device 2 days ago and everything went normal until yesterday. I'm using my 9930 all day and it was normal until the afternoon I spotted the trackpad's backlight is not glowing anymore. It was okay before and I have no clue why the light won't come out anymore but the trackpad function seems to be normal, it detects scroll, click and unclick also the other keyboards backlight are normal. Is it a software problem or hardware problem? Have anyone been through this problem? I'm desperately looking for solution. Thank you.

Blackberry 9930
    Verizon
    7.0.0.254(1341)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:20 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    Dux 82 likes this.
    10-17-11 08:26 PM
    I did the battery pull and it didn't help anything. I will try to update the software but idk if it works .

10-17-11 08:28 PM
    might be a good thing, save some battery
    10-17-11 08:39 PM
    I know it is frustrating new device, new experiences new discovers, hartbroken from a bug or a lost. lucky you can always bring it back to the shop and get it fixed instead then me that leaved my sparkiling sexy brand new 9900 on a table during an Holiday in Spain.
    I had that device for free from my job now I had to get the replacement but no more free berries for me for a year at least.
    10-17-11 08:41 PM
    LOL the last hope is imma bring this bold to the shop and let them fix this. I hope it won't take a long time. Poor bold, it just 2 days old. :|

10-17-11 08:50 PM
    Yeah everything is doing great except the trackpad's backlight. But It would make the "coolness" point down to -10 :|. It still kinda frustrating eventhough it just a backlight.

10-17-11 08:56 PM
    sorry for asking the obvious, but just in case, does the trackpad lighting not work in dark settings or only in areas where there's plenty of light?

it's only meant to come on when there's not ample lighting.
    10-17-11 09:00 PM
    Actually when mine is still working, it works on dark areas & sometimes it works on normal lighting (I could see it glowing eventhough there was plenty lights). So I guess there were some kind of light sensor which controls the backlight to turn on or not. But now eventhough in dark areas the trackpad won't glow. :'(

10-17-11 09:17 PM
    Yea, if you look at the top right hand corner, that's the light sensor and if you cover that with your finger or if you're in an area with dim lighting, it'll turn your trackpad light on, as well as your keyboard lighting.

if that doesn't work, then i think your best bet is to call your carrier and have them send you a replacement. make sure it's not refurbished one they send you, but a brand new one because most carriers have a 14 day return policy, as long as you didn't break it on your own and have spent more than 30 mins talking on it (but this can be reset after a wipe and factory setting reset).
    10-17-11 09:29 PM
    Yeah I've tried to cover the sensor with my finger, the other backlights are turned on except the trackpad. I guess I must bring back to the store or call the carrier to send me a new replacement. :|

10-17-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD