I just got my 9900 and at first i was not able to tether at all but then i wiped the OS off the phone reinstalled it and it started to work now it doesn't again, any one have a solution. Also i had the complimentary version of Drivesafe.ly now it doesnt show up in BlackBerry World at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-30-13 08:32 PM
    First with Drivesafe.ly, I'm not sure complimentary versions show up again if you delete them but check under uninstalled in your My World section. I think the only way to keep them is to back them up.
    When I bridge my phone I turn Bluetooth on the phone first then the playbook. Connects every time although with varying wait times. I noticed if I turned the Playbook BT on first it didn't want to bridge. Try that maybe. Might be the same issue for you.
    04-30-13 08:42 PM
    Search compliments of BlackBerry and see if it shows up. Or find someone else who has that version here in CB to post the link to it and you should be able to download it.

Appworld has been a little screwy as of late. I feel your pain but that's a whole other thread...

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-30-13 08:50 PM
    I have no problem Bridging the phone to the PlayBook it is the tethering part of it that does not work and I searched compliments it showed two others but not Drivesafe.ly

04-30-13 08:56 PM
    DriveSafeLY shows up in my UNinstalled apps. I am not sure how to retrieve a link as I don't see any obvious one. Give me a clue and I'll post the link.

Any reason you want to Tether as opposed to using Bridge? With Verizon, I would have to pay for a Tethering account so I've never investigated it.
    05-01-13 12:07 AM
    so that i can use the Data on my phone when I'm not around Wifi

05-01-13 04:19 PM
    DriveSafeLY shows up in my UNinstalled apps. I am not sure how to retrieve a link as I don't see any obvious one. Give me a clue and I'll post the link.

Any reason you want to Tether as opposed to using Bridge? With Verizon, I would have to pay for a Tethering account so I've never investigated it.
    on the playbook, tether is synonymous to bridge. there is a tethering option on the settings menu of the playbook. When bluetooth is turned on on both devices and tethering is selected, the playbook gets bridged to the playbook. (I assume this works as long as both devices have been paired beforehand).
    05-01-13 11:19 PM
    so that i can use the Data on my phone when I'm not around Wifi

I will admit that I've never quite understood the terms tether/bridge.

BUT, when I am bridged, if there is NO wifi available, my pb does use BRIDGE and uses the data from my phone. I have not specifically setup up that Tether option on the pb. I've only setup Bridge. I don't do it that often but did it more in Europe when no wifi was available but my bbphone had data access (for which I had prepaid through the nose!!!!)

Okay, I just went to the pb's Setup and selected Internet Tethering. Under it I see BB9930 (and below that: No profile selected). When I pressed the 9930, I get another page and a warning there "Note: additional charges might apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more information. I never have used that page and never set anything up. I merely have used Bridge for browsing and email access when wifi was not available.
    05-03-13 12:10 AM
    I will admit that I've never quite understood the terms tether/bridge.

BUT, when I am bridged, if there is NO wifi available, my pb does use BRIDGE and uses the data from my phone. I have not specifically setup up that Tether option on the pb. I've only setup Bridge. I don't do it that often but did it more in Europe when no wifi was available but my bbphone had data access (for which I had prepaid through the nose!!!!)

Okay, I just went to the pb's Setup and selected Internet Tethering. Under it I see BB9930 (and below that: No profile selected). When I pressed the 9930, I get another page and a warning there "Note: additional charges might apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more information. I never have used that page and never set anything up. I merely have used Bridge for browsing and email access when wifi was not available.
    That's because you will be using data, not all charges or data use will fall within your BIS package
    To get full Internet access via bridge you have to use the tethering option.
    Most basic way to think about it, is that once you activate the tethering your phone becomes like a wifi hot spot for your PB but bridge just networks your devices while its active.
    Hope that helps

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-03-13 12:42 AM
    I'm just saying that I had no problems with my 9300,9360 or 9800 now that i have this beautiful 9900 I cant TETHER, bridging is fine just no TETHERING

05-03-13 06:18 PM
    I'm just saying that I had no problems with my 9300,9360 or 9800 now that i have this beautiful 9900 I cant TETHER, bridging is fine just no TETHERING

No tethering with the playbook or with the laptop? I have the 9900 too, and i can tether with either the playbook or laptop. When tethering with the laptop, use desktop software/manager.
    05-04-13 06:25 AM

Tethering worked perfectly for me with the 9900 and PB.
    Maybe you should contact your carrier

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-04-13 07:11 AM