Hey all,
    Can you help me with this, or direct me to a thread that has a solution. I have the Z10, and my wife still wants a keyboard (types with her nails) but the Q10 isn't out yet. She is still with Sprint (ugh). Her Curve is having issues and my 9930 rocked perfectly. I wanted to give her my 9930 but her 9360 does NOT have a SIM card. Opened up the back and no SIM. I guess there are different models.

How can I swap the SIM # if there isn't a card?
    04-02-13 12:55 PM
    Hey all,
    Can you help me with this, or direct me to a thread that has a solution. I have the Z10, and my wife still wants a keyboard (types with her nails) but the Q10 isn't out yet. She is still with Sprint (ugh). Her Curve is having issues and my 9930 rocked perfectly. I wanted to give her my 9930 but her 9360 does NOT have a SIM card. Opened up the back and no SIM. I guess there are different models.

How can I swap the SIM # if there isn't a card?
    Can't swap what isn't there. If her 9930 actually does not have a SIM card, then her device is probably CDMA. And no, there would be possibility of swapping it with your SIM card.
    04-02-13 01:14 PM
    Can't swap what isn't there. If her 9930 actually does not have a SIM card, then her device is probably CDMA. And no, there would be possibility of swapping it with your SIM card.
    Question: If we were both on Sprint, why would her 9360 not have a SIM card? So there isn't a way to "back-door" the SIMs? I'm now at VZW.
    04-02-13 02:02 PM
    Question: If we were both on Sprint, why would her 9360 not have a SIM card? So there isn't a way to "back-door" the SIMs? I'm now at VZW.

Do you happen to travel internationally, it is possible that your SIM may be for just travelling. Does yours work without the SIM inserted?
    04-02-13 02:31 PM
    The SIM is only for international travel. The 9930 is CDMA and it's perfectly fine to switch over for your wife to use.
    04-02-13 02:53 PM
    The 9360 is a CDMA only device. It does not use SIM cards. The 9930 is a "world phone" and thus has supplementary GSM bands (which use a SIM card) in addition to the primary CDMA bands.

Note that you were not using the SIM card on Sprint (nor on Verizon).

Also, you cannot use a Sprint device on Verizon or vice versa. If she is on Sprint and the device is Sprint branded, then she can use it. Just call up Sprint to activate it on her line.
    04-02-13 03:46 PM
    The 9360 is a CDMA only device. It does not use SIM cards. The 9930 is a "world phone" and thus has supplementary GSM bands (which use a SIM card) in addition to the primary CDMA bands.

Note that you were not using the SIM card on Sprint (nor on Verizon).

Also, you cannot use a Sprint device on Verizon or vice versa. If she is on Sprint and the device is Sprint branded, then she can use it. Just call up Sprint to activate it on her line.
    That makes a bit of sense. I'll have her call sprint and have her switch the phone over. My 9930 has been rocking quite well but now I'm on a Z10. Thanks for the tips.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:07 AM