Hi all,

I have a Bold 9900, and while in general it's a good phone, I have internet issues. I can't load certain sites, even if they're html based. I'm not sure the reason, most of them worked (poorly) on my old 9700. The page will load, and an icon will appear on the top of the screen, but nothing is displayed. Maybe it's a font size, or encoding issue? Example websites that don't function - Futureshop.ca, movember.com, even the crackberry forgot username link didn't work. I have tried with almost every internet option on or off, and it happens on my cell network, and home wifi. Some of the sites will work slightly with the Opera mini browser, but I want to use the native blackberry browser.

Thanks in advance!
    11-26-12 05:11 PM
    what is the little icon that appears at the top of the page? if its an orange square it means that the page is still downloading. only thing else i can think of is a plug in issue, like the bb not supporting flash or shockwave, even though those websites you mentioned didnt seem very graphics intence.
    no help i know lol
    11-26-12 05:23 PM
    Its the logo for the webpage, as if it had completed loading. Ironically I also have the problem when using certain sites DESIGNED for BlackBerry, like the weather network!
    11-26-12 05:27 PM
    i really have no idea then
    i mean i suspect youve done the obvious like update your software and all that tho...
    sorry bout that lol
    11-26-12 05:30 PM
    Not sure what your issue is, but all 3 of your example sites load fine for me...

11-26-12 05:34 PM
    I've updated to the latest software, last week yes. And those photos do look good, I have no doubt they work for you Phil. I'm wondering why they don't for me! What are your font and text encoding setting?
    11-26-12 05:38 PM
    My browser settings are pretty much default...

11-26-12 05:41 PM
    I use the same settings. Quite frustrated about this. I try this site The Weather Network Mobile and it loads, then disappears instantly when it appears to be completed. I've tried re-registering my phone, all kinds of things.
    11-26-12 05:45 PM
    No more ideas Crackberry crew?
    11-26-12 07:48 PM
    Try turning off wifi and using only the cell modem. I have seen on my bold, cases where I have very weak wifi and the phone will be using the much slower wifi when it should not, leading to stalls on loads.

The bb os seems to prioritize using wifi regardless of whether the 3G connection has superior data throughput.

Anyway that's my observation.

You said it does this on cellular as well. But I am not sure if you might still be connecting to dodgy wifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-27-12 12:23 AM
    Southlander - it happens on cell, wifi, really anytime, anywhere, in Canada, Europe and indeed everywhere I travel! If I didn't know better I'd say its some kind of virus - but we all know its impossible on BB. It happened before the last two software updates, and continues with the latest.

Everything Leanjones22 said after thanks in advance is 'X'd out for me aswell. Those sites work on Opera mini. Its as if the blackberry browser is blocking them for some reason.
    11-27-12 07:50 AM
    Problem fixed!!! I for some reason had installed 'searchit' for OS6-7. This way blocking some sites, I've erased it and boom, full featured internet once again! Thanks to all who replied! Can't wait for blackberry 10!
    11-27-12 03:55 PM
    This has worked for several people who couldn't access hotmail/outlook on their BB browser, and the bottom one for ebay signin.
    After days of frustration with no browser hotmail/outlook access after downloading 7.1 OS upgrade on BB curve 9350 to have access to mobile hotspot, I did the following. Hope it works for all of you.
    I'm not a techie, and only know what worked on my phone after much trial and error, and what didn't work just reset screen to default settings to avoid new issues. Let me know if questions.
    Options/Security/Advanced Security/Memory cleaning/Enable so checkmark shows in box/click Clean button (wait for clean to complete)/Menu/Save
    That cleans up temporary memory like on a pc when you delete temporary files and cookies to speed it up. After, also try going to "certificates" which is on the same screen as "memory cleaning". Let the certificates load and delete any with red x's by them. If that doesn't do it, then open BB desktop software after doing above (download if don't have) and tether your BB to your computer with USB cord and once they connect, it should automatically correct your BB certificates.

Then I had issue with signing in to Ebay on my BB browser with "can't open due to device security settings". So did the following.
    Options/Security/Advanced Security/TLS/Permit SSL 3.0 so checkmark shows in box/Permit Insecure Negotiation so checkmark shows/ encryption strength-choose allow weak in box/Digest strength-prompt in box/menu/save
    At bottom of that screen, proxy TLS should not be enabled (no checkmark in box)
    Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone
    12-08-14 06:28 PM