Hey everybody, I recently grabbed an unlocked, T-Mobile brand 9900 for cheap off craigslist. It worked fine for 2 days, but the battery drain on the Telenor Serbia 714 build was a little high, for me, so I decided to try a different OS build.

Shortly after switching to the AT&T 694 build, the phone no longer connected to my Network (Wind Mobile in Canada, AWS Carrier FYI). When I go into options -> Network Connections -> Mobile Network and do a Manual Network scan, the first scan after a reboot shows the proper network "WIND Home", but when I try to connect, it says "Connection timed out". When I scan a second time, "WIND Home" is no longer detected.

Since this started this morning, I have tried numerous battery pulls, and reloaded 5 different OS builds, including the T-Mobile 284 build, WIND Canada 267 build, Claro Dominican Republic 569 build and even BL Ultimate Hybrid on 714 Telenor base. I did a Security Wipe on my phone in between OS reloads, and I have not done any shrinking outside of the one time I tried the Hybrid.

I consider myself decently tech-saavy, being that I own and develop for a BB10 Dev Alpha A, as well as regularly fool around with Linux/Haiku/webOS in my spare time. But I have no idea what else to try in order to fix my phone, and since it was originally purchased in the states, my carrier won't help me with it.

If any of you can provide some advice, that would be much appreciated.
    10-20-12 05:08 PM
    1st, the security wipe probably won't do much for you. What you might want to try is a Javawipe, using the Javaloader from RIM. That will fully wipe the OS from the device and boot up with a 507 error. Then, load the OS of your choice - with nothing more than that until you get the device connected to the network. You could be having a SIM card failure, or possible even bad SIM card contacts, so, I'd also look at removing the SIM and simply cleaning the contacts as well, but if the SIM card's gone bad, you'll need to install another card, or try one that you know is working on another device. Personally, I seriously doubt this is hardware related, with the exception of the SIM card. Hope this helps.
    10-20-12 09:12 PM
    Just wondering, have you tried your SIM in another device, does it work fine there? I know a person who had similar problems with another phone a few years back, some the SIM card acted up and needed replacement.
    10-21-12 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the responses.

@FBA: I didn't know about the Javawipe/Java Loader business, will give that a try tomorrow. I will also take a closer look at the SIM contacts, but they seemed pretty clean while I've been battery pulling/SIM swapping today.

@Taigatrommel: I have been using the same SIM in my Dell Venue Pro for now, and it works fine.
    10-21-12 01:19 AM