My daughters 9900 must have done an update, now it is asking for her Id and password to get on BBM. She doesn't remember her Id and password. I created a new on on the blackberry site and told her to try again....her phone doesn't recognize the new one....sooooo what are my next steps. I am thinking she will have to create a new Id on the actual phone? She has tried many things and is now getting a warning to try again in 15 min (try to log in that is)
    01-02-13 09:25 PM
    If you know the email address associated with the bbid you can request reset here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...ecoverpassword
    ccrkendrick likes this.
    01-02-13 09:34 PM
    And an article on blackberry blog on how to do it. How to reset your BlackBerry ID password �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

If it's on the password screen she should be able to use the BlackBerry key to switch application to start up web browser.
    ccrkendrick likes this.
    01-02-13 09:39 PM
    Still stranded.....I have the phone now trying everything with no luck....problem is the BB ID is [email protected].....(can't disclose the real email but it is [email protected] account?....the password reset emails must be going to cyber space....ugggg. Because we are not getting them....however it recognizes the email....just can't recal password. I went and downloaded BB desktop to do a back up but when I plug the phone in it sakes for the user password again....lol...this really sucks. I guess no BBM for me and my kid...
    01-05-13 06:34 PM
    the only thing i can suggest is start from scratch as the bb id needs an email that is not in use of another email :/ if you do however solve this please let me know thankyou :]
    ccrkendrick likes this.
    01-05-13 06:47 PM
    Yes, you are better off with a bbid that can be retrieved independently of the phone such as gmail etc. If you create a new bbid then you can get the phone going again and you can bbm.
    Deanig_12 and ccrkendrick like this.
    01-05-13 07:12 PM
    That doesn't have a password and is controlled by the carrier.

The password the phone is asking her for is the one she made when she created her black berry id account in settings. Its the one you use for blackberry world and other stuff. Its also the one you get asked if you remove the sim card.

Just click the thing on screen that says 'forgot password' and reset it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ccrkendrick likes this.
    01-05-13 08:27 PM
    That doesn't have a password and is controlled by the carrier.

The password the phone is asking her for is the one she made when she created her black berry id account in settings. Its the one you use for blackberry world and other stuff. Its also the one you get asked if you remove the sim card.

Just click the thing on screen that says 'forgot password' and reset it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm telling him, create a whole new identity for the phone.
    Deanig_12 and ccrkendrick like this.
    01-05-13 09:17 PM
    I called my carrier (att) when I have had bbid or e mail problems.
    ccrkendrick likes this.
    01-05-13 09:38 PM