So I drop my bold a few days ago and the result was not too great . I had the keyboard fly, the body fly, and the battery fly . Which is fine i guess. But i put it all together and noticed the battery contacts on the device was missing. Did some soul searching and found it. Popped it in with the battery, and to my surprise (not really) it didn't turn on. So i pop it into the charger to make sure at least there is some form of life on the device, and magically it works. The problem I have is that since the battery is not really working due to the contacts not connected to the device, i can't turn it on. So... Is there any way I can turn on my device without a charger so I can take a backup to pop into my soon to arrive z10? I'll be happy if I can just turn on the device to be honest. I can retrieve the stuff manually.

Help is much appreciated!
    02-05-13 01:41 AM
    Hey man. I know a way to get it to turn on without the battery but I believe it would delete everything on the phone. So I can't help there I guess unless you want to try it out and see. Have you tried plugging it into your computer to see if desktop manager can recognize it and maybe retrieve it that way? If not it's worth a try.
    02-05-13 03:35 AM
    Hey man. I know a way to get it to turn on without the battery but I believe it would delete everything on the phone. So I can't help there I guess unless you want to try it out and see. Have you tried plugging it into your computer to see if desktop manager can recognize it and maybe retrieve it that way? If not it's worth a try.
    Connected it and it recognizes it. but that's as far as it goes. can't take a backup or anything. Asks me to upgrade the software though
    02-05-13 03:56 AM
    You could try using the apploader. You will have to look in your files. I forgot the whole path to get there on xp. Or look where it would be hiding by looking up apploader on these forums. Lastly there is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. But that would definitely wipe it and leave no trace for a back up.
    02-05-13 04:16 AM
    You could try using the apploader. You will have to look in your files. I forgot the whole path to get there on xp. Or look where it would be hiding by looking up apploader on these forums. Lastly there is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. But that would definitely wipe it and leave no trace for a back up.
    I get the below message and that's about it :s. Kind of wanting to avoid the BBSAK option. I might be doomed unless i figure out a way to fix the battery contacts, any suggestions?
    Help! How to boot the Bold without a battery?-bb9900-2-.jpg
    Help! How to boot the Bold without a battery?-missing-file.jpg
    02-05-13 05:06 AM
    If you have put the spring loaded contact block back in position, you could try wedging something like a piece of card at the top end of the battery to force it down onto the contact block. Might just work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-13 10:38 AM
    If you have put the spring loaded contact block back in position, you could try wedging something like a piece of card at the top end of the battery to force it down onto the contact block. Might just work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Tried that but no luck. Even tried getting fancy with small pieces of paper behind the battery, on the battery, under the battery. It didn't help unfortunately
    02-05-13 10:47 AM